Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery quilt inherited. Need help identifying it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shiquin
    commented on 's reply
    I am not sure what size it will be. There are enough pieces to make 20 star blocks. I assume 4 across and 5 down. Perhaps queen size? I am fairly new to quilting so hopefully I can manage to not mess it up.

• URIBARRI-MAYOR
    replied
    Very nice work, in my country there is a saying that say" they see more four eyes than two" and this forum there are many eyes and many friendly people willing to help, we all hope to see your work, and I welcome you from the Basque Country

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    How fun! Do you have any idea how big it will be or do you have to add to it?

Leave a comment:

• Shiquin
    commented on 's reply
    Don't feel bad. I appreciate the effort all the same. Thank you for giving your time.

• jjkaiser
    replied
    Yay!! You are getting it together!! Looks like you are on the right track.

Leave a comment:

• Granny Fran
    replied
    Happy for your solution. Welcome to the forum. Be sure to post the finished quilt.

Leave a comment:

• MaggieSue
    replied
    That will be a beautiful quilt!!! Welcome to the forum!!!

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    replied
    Looking good. Kudos to you for your patience and determination.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    commented on 's reply
    So glad we could help. The smaller pieces might have been leftovers from when the other pieces were created. Many of us quilters hate to toss out bits of scraps and will save them for either another project, or as you guessed incorporate them into a border or on the back as an extra design element.

• Shiquin
    replied
    Here is the progress with the white squares with it
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• jjkaiser
    replied
    I feel bad giving you the wrong info but I am glad you figured it out. I went back and looked closer at your photo and sure enough, those star points are different sizes. I don't know how I missed that. Good luck on the project.

Leave a comment:

• Shiquin
    replied
    It is definitely a Wonky Star! Thank you so much. I have been trying to find this answer for 7 years. I can't wait to assemble it!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shiquin
    commented on 's reply
    I will search for the wonky star. The smaller blocks are done in the same fabric combinations so I wonder if they were for a border of some type. Maybe a backing design.

• Shiquin
    commented on 's reply
    I will check on this one too. I am excited to have a few leads to try! Thank you

• Shiquin
    commented on 's reply
    Okay. There are very specific color sets. I will see if I can get that to work. Thank you! I will let you know how it goes.
Working...
X