Sewing machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machines

āœ‚ Hi, I am new to this forum and have done some quilting. Presently, I am researching sewing machines and would like to know of any recommendations some of you may have. Price range $200.-$500. I need one with the following capabilities: sew thru denim, cotton, quilting, basic stitches, some fancier stitches, various feet (especially a walking foot and zipper foot) easy tension control, easy bobbin rewind, and at least 3 speeds (high, medium, and low) and of course a light. Hopefully, one that has a low repair need, too. Thank you for any input you may have. Iā€™m confused right now trying to decide. šŸ¤”

I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice from everyone as to which machine they prefer. I myself am a Janome gal and have 3 of them, although I also have a very basic Brother that sews a great stitch. You can find machines in your price range in pretty much all brands. Usually we say you should try out various machines, but in these times, that's probably not going to be possible. I ordered one of my machines from Ken's Sewing Machine, and one from Sewing Machines Plus, and one off Ebay. I've had no problems with any of them. The Brother came from JoAnns.

Comment

Here's a chart that might help.
      http://sewingmachinebuffs.com/best-q...ine-under-500/

The main problem I see for that price range is that the throat is small.
      šŸŒŗ Lorie

Comment

That's a helpful chart Lorie!

Jeannette

Comment

I'm going to recommend Brother. Great workhorses. I have two. I upgraded to a bernina but gave my latest my brother to my daughter. Brother is a true workhorse and I have put mine thru the ringer. I have a side business, making things with zippers and elastic. I've quilted on it, and my daughter has used it ..she's 17 and has been rough lol ..now it's hers. Mine is the quilting edition csi ..great machine!
          ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

Comment

Speaking of Brother, I found this one at a great price. Ebay brand new is 60.00 more with 50.00 shipping. This has an extension table!
            Last edited by Hulamoon; April 14, 2020, 02:17 AM.
            šŸŒŗ Lorie

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You have been given many good leads. My husband has a Singer Heavy Duty which we have used to sew trampolines, upholstery and lots of thicknesses. He's had it a few years, but I'm certain it was less than $500.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

Working...
              X