ISO mask pattern for glasses wearers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO mask pattern for glasses wearers

I have made lots of masks, all basic rectangle patterns. My dd works at Amazon and needs to wear one at all times but the rectangular ones fog up her glasses. So many patterns out there I could make 30 different ones for her to try out but I am hoping you smart people could help me cut to the chase so I am not wasting lots of time and materials making ones that don't work. Any suggestions? Thank you.
    Jocelyn

Bubba posted a picture of family members wearing masks she made. The one young lady had glasses on. The post was titled "most of the gang" in General chit Chat last night. Did you see that one? Someone asked her to share the pattern.

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been looking for it!!! A friend gave it to me and I can't find it on any site I've looked.

The type my dd made this type and it works real well for glasses. She shaped this pattern so It 'swooped' under the eyes.
    julies mask.jpg

She used bathing suit fabric for the straps.

MASK-PATTERN-01.pdf
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hulamoon; April 10, 2020, 07:41 PM.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

• Grey Lady
      Grey Lady commented
      Editing a comment
      I made this style of mask, but with a similar pattern. I wear glasses, found it comfortable, and no fogging. I didn't like the ties. So fiddled around and changed the ties into loops. At Trader Joes today, I noticed many people were using the fabic loops.

This is not the mask that was in the picture of all my kids, however, I started making this one and it is very comfortable!! I wear glasses and it works fine, however, if you put sunglasses on over your glasses, they do fog up.

The best part? This takes literally five minutes to make!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm_N...EvuQ5kDg_Ijaus

I used bias tape for my tie.
    Last edited by bubba; April 10, 2020, 11:21 PM.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      I've made a bunch of this pattern for the masks I made for the Office Depot my son works at. It's quick and easy.

• iluvbaking
      iluvbaking commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubba, could you please share if you used packaged bias tape and, if so, what size? I’ve never used it much but do have a few stray packages a friend gave me in a couple of different sizes. I want to try this style mask but no way to get the rope. Thank you!

• Vonnie
      Vonnie commented
      Editing a comment
      I found one pattern that uses long shoe laces.

Bubba, that is the pattern I used and have been very pleased with it. I used grosgrain ribbon as the tie for mine and added a "cord locks" instead of tying. Found they were much easier for arthritic hands to manage than trying to tie something behind my head. This pattern worked well for my 89 yo Mom even though she does not venture out now. She could get it on and fastened without help.
    Last edited by Murphy224; April 11, 2020, 02:17 AM.

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      I really like it, especially that it is such a quick sew! I have cord locks, which I would use on the ones for MM and myself, but I don't have a large quantity to put on all of them.

I've been making masks for nurses and given over 100 away. Yesterday, a friend who works at a dispatch center down in California asked if I'd make some for them. I told her I was taking a break from them until after next Monday. When I start up again, it will be this style I make.

This is the style I've been making too. I use a 23 inch piece of elastic that threads through casings on both edges.

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      So you sew a large loop of it then? I may have to check this out!

• Murphy224
      Murphy224 commented
      Editing a comment
      The elastic sounds like an excellent idea. Will try on the next ones I make. Would be even easier than the cord locks. Bubba, I had a few cord locks left over from about 8 years ago when I made sun hats for toddlers. Can't seem to find any to buy right now.

• Nwmnteacher
      Nwmnteacher commented
      Editing a comment
      Bubba, yes, it's one big loop going through a casing on each end. One part goes around the neck area, and one goes around the back of the head however high up one wants it.

She may want to try one of anti-fog sprays on the glasses to see if that helps.

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      I read if you put shaving cream on your glasses and wipe it off, it keeps them from fogging up.
Working...
X