Blame it on the virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blame it on the virus

Does anybody else do this? Since this....stay at home thing.....I have been buying LOTS of precuts. I got 3 lovely jelly rolls today (I buy primarily from MQC) in gray, black and black/white print.
    I have no idea what I had in mind when I ordered them!
    I think I’m using this like ‘comfort food;’ at least it’s few calories than macaroni and cheese, or chocolate!
    oh well, I’ll just cruise the tutorials and my magazines til something strikes my fancy.......
    stay sane, quilters!

In these strange times, I have been afraid to buy anything!!!

Comment

• 201 Treadler
      201 Treadler commented
      Editing a comment
      totally can understand this, but please do order if need food or anything, would not like to think you starving to death. even ring or text a neighbour to help
      wash and repeat as you feel necessary.
      hugs T

I had not bought anything for a couple of months, then wang bang, I placed 3 online orders from different sources.

I agree it is healthier than food, but then again my daughter is dropping off $140 of chocolate I ordered for grand-kids' school fundraiser.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I haven't felt like shopping for fabric, but I found an online plant nursery that I'm afraid has gotten more than enough of my business. My very large porch looks like a forest. lol

https://www.growjoy.com/store/pc/home.asp
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

my last online item was to get some grips for the wheels, no was not 'pimping my ride' west coast custom style 🤩 lol, but had issues, can now move with palms of hands. 😉

Comment

I don't do the finances because I had weight loss surgery years ago and now retail therapy is my comfort food. Mind you he rarely says no to anything I want...but that extra step helps keep my retail therapy in check lol I do check the daily deal and my cart is full ...haha

Comment

Jelly rolls! My nemisis!!! I have so many opened JR and my very large bin is overflowing and none of them match! I learned my lesson, no more JR unless for specific project. I did buy a new LED light for my sewing machine. Oh joy! Where has this been all my life?!! By comparison my old one looks as bright as a baby's night light, which is to say pretty darn dim. I have been very good staying away from sweets during the lockdown. I have 10 boxes of Thin Mints in the house and have not eaten one single cookie. But if this lockdown continues much longer, all bets are off!!

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
              SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
              Editing a comment
              I can have a box of chocolates in the house for months, and have maybe one or two. DH is another matter. He can whip through chocolates and cookies in no time, then complains when he gains weight. So, since I am the designated shopper at this time, I don't buy these. No baking cookies. I told him what he find in the house now has to last him until this is all over.

I love Thin Mints!

Speaking of cookies, I have been going through a baking thing. When I was a baker I never did it much at home, now I'm obsessed with cookies. I'm over oatmeal raisin. 😝 Today is Crispy Peanut Butter 😋
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Oh, yum, those cookies sound good! I have been wanting to bake the oatmeal bars with applesauce filling that LauraP posted recently. When I went grocery shopping, the applesauce was all sold out. Maybe next week.

Comment

I've started looking for baby fabrics again. I have a feeling I'm going to need some baby quilts for church. Jordan's highlighted Sunday Picnic by Moda today. I jumped in and bought a layer cake.
                Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
                ― Maya Angelou

Comment

• JCY
                  JCY commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I looked at that cute fabric, but decided I had enough baby fabrics in my stash, so refrained.

I bought thread for the long arm a month ago still don’t have it and I ordered some thread for my Bernina haven’t got it either.(not from MSQ). I think the people who bought all the tp most be buying up all the white thread . Lots of places are now out of the brand I use. Staying home has made me spend less.

Comment

I'm definitely spending less with the stay at home thing, except at the grocery store. Not much fabric shopping at all. Even recently shipped some jelly rolls and background fabric to a friend who was stranded in NY after going to visit relatives. A bit a de-stashing to her and using up some stash for face mask donations.

Comment

I am also spending less with the stay at home. I am planning to purchase a new Kindle Fire (tablet) from Amazon in the next day or two. The battery on my laptop is starting to go and I want to reserve laptop use for work.

Comment

sadly staying at home does costing more.
                      just think of your increase water, electric and heating fuels usage. Those costs will floor you if do not make appropriate changes.
                      Also think about your phone bill and internet costs.
                      online shopping is not as cheap, as going to some stores in person.
                      even food for the cats is £2.30 more a box ordering by telephone!! It costs for 1 box £2.99 normally as you can guess you cannot get it. the wrong food gives the boys the runs, its not great. that needs carpet cleaner. washing powder ect.
                      Alas 2 litres of uht milk (allowance per online order), does not last 1 month.
                      gluten free flour £1.70 1kg has been missing off the online shelves for 8 weeks now in UK.
                      gf bread £2.80 a loaf only lasts 3 days. unless you pack the small 13 slices into bags in freezer.
                      Yeast has vanished,
                      online sugar costs more again even at the long river sites.
                      yep it all costs more.
                      we will survive these challenges,

Comment

Working...
                      X