X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My daughter is making masks..cute!

Everyone wants one!

julies mask.jpg
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

That is a wonderful mask! And cute fabric. Do you are a link for the pattern? I need to make some. Thx.
    Diana Grey

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Lady View Post
      That is a wonderful mask! And cute fabric. Do you are a link for the pattern? I need to make some. Thx.
      I'll ask her 😊

I can't get a hold of her, but that style is on this page, just scroll down more too. She did say she altered the nose to get the shape better.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/4292562120034605/

Last edited by Hulamoon; April 4th, 2020, 11:27 PM.
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

That fits better than almost any mask I have seen.

Comment

Love the mask. It's the style that I prefer and have already made 50 for donations. On the nose issue..if you use a quarter inch, it doesn't sit cleanly against the nose. Start out at the top with 1/2" and taper down about 3/4" to the 1/4" seam allowance. Also, the first pattern does not include the seam allowance, so make sure you allow for that when you cut. They have made some changes and included seam allowances. I'd still recommend tucking that nose section back a bit, but try it out on one. I don't use wire in them.
          Last edited by MHG Winnower; April 5th, 2020, 03:24 AM.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by MHG Winnower View Post
            Love the mask. It's the style that I prefer and have already made 50 for donations. On the nose issue..if you use a quarter inch, it doesn't sit cleanly against the nose. Start out at the top with 1/2" and taper down about 3/4" to the 1/4" seam allowance. Also, the first pattern does not include the seam allowance, so make sure you allow for that when you cut. They have made some changes and included seam allowances. I'd still recommend tucking that nose section back a bit, but try it out on one. I don't use wire in them.
            I can't give advice on the pattern, because she made it from a friends design and then made her own alterations. The link I gave is only suggestions to the style. If you scroll down there are some with different fits around the nose. I'm pretty sure she shaped it because she wears glasses.

Comment

Thats the pattern I've been using. I do have a wire patched in the nose.
              https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
              Women are Angels. When someone break's our wings we will continue to fly-usually on a broomstick.We're flexible like that.

Comment

She made a custom one for her Fireman BIL. From one of his fire co tees

2020-04-05 (2).png

Comment

• MSN
                  MSN commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is awesome!

Thanks for the link and everyone's comments. The T-shirt mask is really cool for the guys. My husband asked if I could use "one of those nature themed batiks" for him.
                Diana Grey

Comment

I just saw a post where someone made a cloth band to hold the masks elastic. It was just a thin piece of material with buttons on the ends. I guess if you have to wear the masks all day they can really irritate your ears.
                  sigpic

Comment

Your dau is really cute and her masks are great! I saw a cute one on fb that had Wonder Woman in the center of the mask and it was really my favorite one I have seen yet. I love that ppl are being so creative, like using ties with pony beads, and everyone is so generous with tips and how tos.

Comment

Working...
                    X