Organize your sewing room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organize your sewing room

This is a fun blog. This page is about organizing your sewing room including lot's of things to make to help you do it.

https://www.patchworkposse.com/organ...r-sewing-room/

It will keep you busy for awhile βœ‚πŸ˜
    Lorie
    🌺Kauai🌺

I remember this, showing all achieved on a youtube, was an impressive achievement,
    have you seen the spring clean blog hop

Comment

Thanks for this. I need it.

Comment

have been looking at the blog hop which found due to Hulamoon link.
        In Uk we have moths that make holes in fabric, hence moth balls, and the occasional fly that leaves spots.
        just a general inquiry, looking at all the lovely fabrics on shelves, drooling madly here, is this not a problem for folks where you all live?
        should I let the fabric out of the zip bag?

Comment

Originally posted by 201 Treadler View Post
          have been looking at the blog hop which found due to Hulamoon link.
          In Uk we have moths that make holes in fabric, hence moth balls, and the occasional fly that leaves spots.
          just a general inquiry, looking at all the lovely fabrics on shelves, drooling madly here, is this not a problem for folks where you all live?
          should I let the fabric out of the zip bag?
          I don't have the insect that turns into a moth, but I have silver fish. worse are the geckos that poop and pee on everything. I sorted my fabric by like, Hawaiian, Asian, etc. Some because I have so much of it. Polka-dots and oranges. Don't ask me why. lol They are on comic cards too.

fabric bins.JPG

here's an article on fabric bugs
          https://www.thespruce.com/how-to-con...nsects-2145853
          Lorie
          🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

very yummy fabric, thanks for sharing your fabric storage and sorting tipsπŸ˜€
            your lucky not to have the moth, but silver fish we share that horror.

Comment

I sorted and refolded fabric this morning/ afternoon/ evening. I didn't work straight through, by no means. Tomorrow, I'm going divide the room into sections, set the timer and work a section at the time.
              Katrina

β€œNothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
              ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                I sorted and refolded fabric this morning/ afternoon/ evening. I didn't work straight through, by no means. Tomorrow, I'm going divide the room into sections, set the timer and work a section at the time.
                Yea!

I have a couple of tips I guess. I went to Ross and picked up a dish drainer pad (because I needed one, lol) and I didn't know there was two. I used it for a table top ironing board!. Then you girls have to get these baggies. They are extra-lg sandwich bags. They fit three charm packs. Here is one of my UFO's.

IMG_0055 (2).JPG

Baggies. I never saw these in a regular store. I use them for lots of stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                Lorie
                🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

• KPH
                  KPH commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My whole stash was big mess from having Morgan come and pick fabric for scrub caps. We went through just about every box.

Then Mike pulled fabric he thought his coworkers might like for masks, yesterday. I have to finish cleaning up before I can start that project!

At least the closet looks nice now.

I store my fabric in two metal shelving units with metal baskets. Got them years ago at Sears on clearance for $25 a piece. .they are supposed to be for tools lol they hold a lot. I sort by color. Then I have bins for pre cuts and one for fat quarters. I lost my sewing room when we moved to this house...the man got the extra room...compromise. I've done without one before. My bedroom looks like a sewing explosion happened...lol I never realized none of my sewing room furniture matches or that I have so much now! I really have increased my collection by triple over the last 9 years.

Comment

I enjoyed reading your link Hulamoon. I like the way they store machine feet. I also use the large zip lock bags to store charms in.

Comment

Working...
                  X