Not meant to downplay current situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not meant to downplay current situation

Please don't think I am making light of the current situation at all but I have to admit, when I saw this quilt pattern this morning I had to laugh a little (and after all, they say laughter is healing)

https://javahousequilts.com/shop/were-on-a-bigger-roll
    Debbie

even DH chuckled.
    Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
    Terry

Comment

Its been creating humor around the 'net for about a month, with lots of people making their version. Humor beats panic....
      TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I've seen that on FB, it's so funny! Wouldn't it make a cool wall hanging for the powder room, full roll at the top, a middle size, then empty at the bottom!

Did you notice the 'Over/Under' of the rolls! lol OMG, my grandfather would have a cow! He was an OVER, and you'd better make sure you refilled the roll OVER.

Thanks for the laugh and sweet memory!
        Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
        ― Maya Angelou

Comment

OMG, that is hysterical! Thank you for the laugh this morning! Of course, I'm really tempted to get the pattern now...🤣

Comment

My cousin actually asked me to make her a quilt like this, and she was serious! I said no. I don't think I would like to be looking at that pattern for the 3-6 months it would take to do it.

Comment

If you squint your eyes it's actually really pretty😆 I think three squares would be cute, but a whole quilt is a little too much Andy Warhol for me.
              "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

Originally posted by KPH View Post
                I've seen that on FB, it's so funny! Wouldn't it make a cool wall hanging for the powder room, full roll at the top, a middle size, then empty at the bottom!

Did you notice the 'Over/Under' of the rolls! lol OMG, my grandfather would have a cow! He was an OVER, and you'd better make sure you refilled the roll OVER.

Thanks for the laugh and sweet memory!
                Get this: I am such an "over" person that I looked at the "under" rolls and thought, "What's that? Something's wrong." I didn't even figure it out until I read your post!!!
                Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

My LQS is sponsoring a weekly virtual sew in for people making this quilt. I guess it will always be a conversational piece and historical moment.

Comment

Working...
                  X