• Show
Clear All

Make a "Stars and Stitches" Quilt with Jenny Doan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ari8tAY8AE
    Enjoy !
    sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
    A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
    And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

It is a nice quilt but I don't like to have to buy more templates. I guess you could cut your layer cake without these templates, just cut into 5 pieces.
    Last edited by Monique; April 3rd, 2020, 03:12 AM.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
      It is a nice quilt but I don't like to have to buy more templates. I guess you could cut your layer cake without these templates, just cut into 5 pieces.
      You could really cut out any set of crazy templates - just start by drawing a box the size you want your finished block, draw lines across it (keep the sewing order in mind to avoid Y seams) and then once you cut them apart add 1/4" to all sides for seam allowances . Each quilt would be different if you made new templates (think cutting mat or milk jug plastic).

Comment

An easier way of scrambling the colors is to leave one as is. The next one just take the top one and put to the bottom, the next take two and put to the bottom, and so on.

Comment

Although I am not generally a fan of crazy quilts, this one I like-I think perhaps because it done in solids. This tutorial is making me think of other quilts that I could use the many fancy stitches on my machine. Hmmm...the creative juices are once again flowing.
          I have done so much sewing/quilting in the last several weeks that I find myself in a creative funk.
          One yard of fabric, like one cookie, is never enough!

Beth aka Asta

Comment

I like the finished look, but I also don't want to buy any more templates.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeaky View Post

You could really cut out any set of crazy templates - just start by drawing a box the size you want your finished block, draw lines across it (keep the sewing order in mind to avoid Y seams) and then once you cut them apart add 1/4" to all sides for seam allowances . Each quilt would be different if you made new templates (think cutting mat or milk jug plastic).
              had a similar idea to make it foundation paper pieced, for that no thinking sewing😁

Comment

Working...
              X