Men’s masks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men’s masks

Anyone know is there a different size for men’s masks or shall I do only 2 pleats instead of 3 will that make a soft. Pls help I’m making for our community of Hawaii n/c of course. I can’t believe people are charging $20 for 2 OMG. MAHALO
    sigpicHawaiigrammi

I would think they use the same size. Just use more manly fabrics. They don’t want flowers or pastels

Comment

• AlohaSandy
      AlohaSandy commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s a given lol

I was making some but can’t find elastic anywhere now.

Comment

• bubba
      bubba commented
      Editing a comment
      They prefer them without the elastic anyway. The elastic rubs sores behind their ears due to the extended periods of time they are having to wear them. All the ones I make have ties, made from bias tape I make to match the masks.

When I make them for men, I use Seahawks fabric, as I have a lot of it. For every eight masks I make, two of them are Seahawks and the other six are more ladylike.

Originally posted by cjsews View Post
    I was making some but can’t find elastic anywhere now.
    Shabby Fabrics has elastic specifically for mask makers. They do limit the yards per customer though.

Comment

I used Jenny's tutorial for my own mask. IMO, the 6" wide (top to bottom) was too narrow, so I made mine 7". I put only 1 fold in mine. The elastic measurement she gave was too long. I had to use less for my face & ears. I would think a man's mask would need to be bigger. If a person uses ties, it will fit better. It can be adjusted to comfort.

Comment

I work in a hospital. The commercially made surgical masks are all the same size, whether for men or women.

Comment

My mom was making masks for my dad, and she had to increase the size a bit since my dad has a wide face. The standard mask size is one-size-fits-most, not all.

Comment

My husband asked me to make his big enough to cover his beard. So I made his 9 X 8 instead of 9 X 6.

On another note, how do you breathe!? I feel like I'm suffocating when I wear mine. Any ideas? Plus my glasses fog up. And I did put a folded pipe cleaner across the top and adjusted it to my nose. Glasses still fog up.
            Vonnie

Comment

Vonnie, I agree - how do you breath. My glasses fog up also. My friend sent me this pattern as I was not happy with the "standard" . I didn't like how they fit me and figured if I didn't like it, why would someone else. (Does that make sense) Anyway - here is the site - she has 4 sizes (men, women, children, younger children) The first one took me a little while, but it wasn't hard. Each one got a little easier and faster. www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern
              Also - gives you options for how they are worn - elastic or ties.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsquilting View Post
                Vonnie, I agree - how do you breath. My glasses fog up also. My friend sent me this pattern as I was not happy with the "standard" . I didn't like how they fit me and figured if I didn't like it, why would someone else. (Does that make sense) Anyway - here is the site - she has 4 sizes (men, women, children, younger children) The first one took me a little while, but it wasn't hard. Each one got a little easier and faster. www.craftpassion.com/face-mask-sewing-pattern
                Also - gives you options for how they are worn - elastic or ties.
                Thank you! I will give these a try.
                Vonnie

Comment

Check out LeahDay/masks on Youtube. She has a great tutorial and pattern for adults and a childrens pattern. You can use elastic or ties (which are prefered). She uses a 9 by 15 piece of fabric with a opening in the back for a filter fabric. The masks have three pleats that expand to the correct size. They sew up really fast . There is also a option of using a pipecleaner for the nose if wanted.

Comment

Working...
                  X