From Scrub cap central...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Scrub cap central...

I could have sworn I started this thread this morning. Sunday night, Morgan asked if I would make her some scrub caps. The constant washing of her hair is taking it's toll. Beach water even softened doesn't do hair any favors!

She found a tutorial, sent me the pattern and link. Monday, I went through and and made 4 by the pattern on Monday.

This morning, Jim called, Morgan was concerned about cotton shrinking with hot washes and dryer time. Well, I thought about that last night. So today, I made 7 more, the first I made with 4" of elastic, the cap was still snug. So I made the second with 5" of elastic, that worked better. Mike (and his big head) tried both of them on, and liked the 5" better.

So 4 of the black and green that Morgan picked and then 3 with a backing remnant that I found.

Anyway, the tutorial is from Denise Steinert , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZGE...ature=youtu.be

Womens Scrub Cap (1).pdf

Tomorrow, is another day of sewing caps.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Have you seen this one?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ebIo5pYC2Q
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

• KPH
      KPH commented
      Editing a comment
      That's cool. Morgan wanted something that completely covered her hair so she wouldn't have to scrub it every day.

Jim has set up the portable shower for her outside the back door, equipped with a basket for her scrubs, and a robe for her to put on. He takes the basket straight to the laundry and starts it on hot water while she heads straight for the shower. They're doing everything they can to keep the kids away from the germies, and keeping them at home as much as possible.

The ladies on staff with Morgan want to pay for the caps. That's nice, Jim's going to tell them just send elastic. It will be a long time before I run out of fabric.
    Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
    X