Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to tell how old my Janome Sewing Machine is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any way to tell how old my Janome Sewing Machine is?

I have a Janome Memory Craft 11000 Special Edition. I want to sell it and upgrade. I am being asked how old it is. I have no idea. I bought it used. I have asked a couple of dealers and they are saying there is no way to tell. They are telling me there is almost no value as a trade in so I would be better off to sell it outright. There is a serial number but apparently that doesn't mean anything. Janome's website is of no help. Any suggestions?

I don"t have a definitive answer for you, but I own a Janome Memory Craft 12000 that I bought new in December 2014. From this you can assume that your machine was made before that date. I know of no other way to get the date you need.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

I found this news release from August 26, 2008
      https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...m-Introduction

Comment

My Janome MC 4800 is from 2004 if that helps.

Comment

So... no more than 12 years old, right?
          You gots to risk it to gets the biscuit-

Comment

If it's as old as some are saying maybe donate it to places that will give you a receipt and take it off on your taxes.

And welcome to the forum!
            "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

As a former Janome 11000SE owner, I've noticed that the older units were made in cream- and gray-colored plastic. The newer 11000SEs were pretty much all white, nice and bright. Marie Osmond was a spokespersion for the 11000SE and made a video with the bright white version in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF3soILI10

Just for reference, I sold my Janome 11000SE last year on eBay for $1,100 plus $200 shipping. It was the cream and gray version. I believe that it had been a plain old 11000 that got upgraded to an 11000SE, because the manual was for the plain 11000. I was so happy when I found an online 11000SE manual!
              Last edited by GuitarGramma; March 30, 2020, 10:33 AM.
              Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

• BAK1946
                BAK1946 commented
                Editing a comment
                Might consider trying to sell it on ebay - but how in the world did you ever get it packed for shipping?

• GuitarGramma
                GuitarGramma commented
                Editing a comment
                The reason I was selling the 11000SE was because I'd just purchased a used 15000 at my LQS. So I still had the two boxes that the 15000 came in—although, being a used machine, they weren't Janome boxes. My hoops fit precisely into the smaller box, and I used tons of those air bags to surround the machine itself in the bigger box.

The buyer paid using PayPal, and I discovered too late that PayPal charges a hefty transaction fee. Not any way you can get around it, because PayPal is super secure, but you should figure that fee into your bottom line. Also, Ebay charges its 10% fee on the total you receive. I had thought they wouldn't charge the fee on the shipping portion.

Bottom line, a local buyer would get a lot more for their money than an Ebay buyer. That shipping cost and the extra fees were painful.

Thank you everyone for your information. My machine is the one Marie Osmond was the spokesman for - which dates it to about 2012. That gives me a starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGramma View Post
                As a former Janome 11000SE owner, I've noticed that the older units were made in cream- and gray-colored plastic. The newer 11000SEs were pretty much all white, nice and bright. Marie Osmond was a spokespersion for the 11000SE and made a video with the bright white version in 2012: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eF3soILI10

Just for reference, I sold my Janome 11000SE last year on eBay for $1,100 plus $200 shipping. It was the cream and gray version. I believe that it had been a plain old 11000 that got upgraded to an 11000SE, because the manual was for the plain 11000. I was so happy when I found an online 11000SE manual!
                Paypal does not charge the fees if they select money from a friend, family....Just wanted you to know!

Comment

Originally posted by Momofmonsters5 View Post

Paypal does not charge the fees if they select money from a friend, family....Just wanted you to know!
                  Very true, and I have sent money that way. Selling my Janome to a stranger didn't get me any such benefit. Ebay and PayPal are linked, so they knew it wasn't a family connection. Sigh.
                  Toni ... If I keep sewing long enough, will they make their own dinner?

Comment

Working...
                  X