• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AlohaSandy
    commented on 's reply
    Yes but if I only had a serger.

• Kgrammiecaz
    commented on 's reply
    My daughter brought one home from the hospital and I deconstructed it so I could cut my pieces. They have some on you tube but I did not like any.

• Hulamoon
    replied
    If you only have wide elastic around, you can use a serger and go down the middle. It still keeps it's stretch. I have done that before on other projects.

Leave a comment:

• tsladaritz
    replied
    Originally posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I am makoing mask and surgical caps for my daughter and a friend. They have now come up with another method to save their ears. They are putting buttons on the surgical cap which is then where the elastic goes from the mask. They dont like the masks with string.
    I am wondering about the pattern for the surgical mask also.

Leave a comment:

• Suzette
    replied
    Originally posted by Nwmnteacher View Post
    I read that the ties are actually better because they don't harbor bacteria like elastic can. Anyone else come across that info?
    They will be sterilized in between uses, so I don't think that is a factor. However each person has personal preference as to whether they like elastic or ties. I am making and donating both and that way there are choices for those who need and use them.

Leave a comment:

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
    commented on 's reply
    Ouch, oh Claire. I hope your fingers heals quickly.
    I'm still healing from slicing across finger with seam ripper. Sign to slow down.

• bubba
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have a pattern for the caps? I'd like it please.

• bubba
    commented on 's reply
    We've been told that elastic causes sores behind the ears due to the length of time they are being worn. They are asking for ties.

• laura44
    replied
    Making mine like Bubba's. All the hospitals in my area are accepting them. Some of the nurses posted
    they like the ties because the elastic rubs on the ears and causes sores.

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied
    I am makoing mask and surgical caps for my daughter and a friend. They have now come up with another method to save their ears. They are putting buttons on the surgical cap which is then where the elastic goes from the mask. They dont like the masks with string.

Leave a comment:

• redcaboose1717
    replied
    Sandy, I picked up a kit(to make masks) from Jo-Ann's (I live in Michigan) today and in the bag was 23 inches of 44" fabric and this elastic called "Fold Over Elastic.
    It is made by Dritz 5/8" and comes in a package of 1 yd.
    I noticed that Jo-Ann's has Babyville Fold Over Elastic :
    https://www.joann.com/babyville-fold...h-Rule&start=1
    There's 2 yds in this package.
    Jo-Ann's gives you 2-one yard (5/8" Fold Over Elastic) and instructions on how to make a very simple mask. I really wanted to see what Jo-Ann's had come up with as far as the masks.
    cat-goldfish.gif

Leave a comment:

• bubba
    commented on 's reply
    The ones I am making are for nurses working in a hospital.

• AlohaSandy
    replied
    Wow Perfect thank you!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hulamoon
    replied
    Originally posted by AlohaSandy View Post
    Our hospitals aren’t taking theses. No homemade masks. Nursing homes are our best to give them since there more for decoration they are stating.
    Someone posted this and there a few in Hawaii.
    https://www.deaconess.com/How-to-mak...Mask-Donations

Leave a comment:

• AlohaSandy
    commented on 's reply
    Wow Great to know since now I’m out of elastic. Mahalo.
Working...
X