Can't find elastic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't find elastic?

I was thinking if you can't find elastic you could use Velcro. I tried to find if it was out there and they do have them for sports. It's just a thought if your making for yourself, family and friends. Oh, it would go to the back of your head, not your ears. lol

PS.. I just found out you can edit your title!
    Lorie

I found this and WOW....this is the fast way to sew up a homemade mask?

https://youtu.be/gm2Xu75iFOc
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Comment

• CraftyJnet
      CraftyJnet commented
      Editing a comment
      Sherri; this is definitely the fastest way to sew a mask with ties! Thank you for posting it.

You could also make your mask with ties rather than Velcro or elastic. Just use some long strips of fabric instead!

Comment

Originally posted by blusk View Post
      You could also make your mask with ties rather than Velcro or elastic. Just use some long strips of fabric instead!
      You should check the video Sherri posted before you : )
      Lorie

Comment

Velcro near hair? No thanks
        K is for Karen 😊​..................
        Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
        T - is it TRUE?
        H - is it HELPFUL?
        I - is it INSPIRING?
        N - is it NECESSARY?
        K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
          Velcro near hair? No thanks
          You don't have to make a long strip of it, just an inch or so tab at the ends.
          Lorie

Comment

I used all the elastic I had and made 12 for family. Elastic is not something I regularly keep. I haven't made myself one yet. Somewhere I saw where someone had made them with contrasting cloth ties instead of elastic. They looked pretty nice.

Comment

You can also use binding tapes for the ties -- Misty & Jenny mentioned it on Facebook live yesterday.

Comment

I believe I saw on one tutorial that if you use ties instead of elastic then the one that goes in back of the head should be a total of 16" as its tied toward the top of the back of the head. Also they made the ties much the same as we do using the 2 1/2" width that is folded in twice and stitched
                https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                Women are Angels.
                When someone
                break's our wings
                we will continue to
                fly...usually on a
                broomstick.
                We're flexible like that.
                - embroitique

Comment

Lots of good youtube videos
                  Last edited by laura44; March 25th, 2020, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shermur View Post
                    I found this and WOW....this is the fast way to sew up a homemade mask?

https://youtu.be/gm2Xu75iFOc
                    I tried this yesterday. Loved it! Just had some input from a surgeon in one of our major hospitals. They prefer the ties rather than elastic. Cotton fabric. Flannel on the inside is too hot.
                    “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
                    “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I received an email from fatquartershop with a tutorial for making masks. Their pattern used hair ties in place of elastic.
                      (because of health problems I have used masks with ties. I do not care for them and prefer elastic because it is really hard to tie the mask and keep the mask in place)
                      You nay want to check fatquartershop website and see if the pattern is still available.

Comment

I found elastic on Etsy. Several shops (as of yesterday) had it in stock.
                        Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                          I found elastic on Etsy. Several shops (as of yesterday) had it in stock.
                          We also really need to double check the delivery dates if you go on Amazon.
                          While they list various elastics note that delivery is listed as late April and May
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels.
                          When someone
                          break's our wings
                          we will continue to
                          fly...usually on a
                          broomstick.
                          We're flexible like that.
                          - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post

We also really need to double check the delivery dates if you go on Amazon.
                            While they list various elastics note that delivery is listed as late April and May
                            Agreed. But my Esty order was placed on the 24th and it was shipped yesterday. I am making both elastic and tie-type masks and I was just happy to find a place that had some elastic that could get it to me quickly.
                            Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Working...
                            X