Things done in isolation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things done in isolation....

Here is what I have gotten done in the past 1.5 weeks. In that time, I think we have been to the store 2x and got food to go twice. We have decided we will support local restaurants (mom & pops, not chains) once a week during this time. They are open for to go orders only.

Anyway, this is what I've done......these are for Days for Girls. Pads, shields and bags.DFG march 2020.jpg
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Good for you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Wow, you've been busy!
      If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Wow, you have been busy. Good to support local as much as possible during these times. Stay safe.

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

You've been so busy! Awesome!
          Katrina

“Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.”
          ― Maya Angelou

Comment

You've been very productive!

Comment

Thank you for your service Pat, I wish I could have helped you. Your good deeds will not go with out notice!!
              When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
              Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I see you've been using your serger !

Do you have a link of where to send those to? I'm not sure I have a lot of dark colors though.
                "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

• bubba
                  bubba commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My friend was supposed to take 220 kits (8 pads, 2 shields, a waterproof bag, panties, soap, and the large bag) to Madagascar in June. I doubt that is going to be happening now. When you are part of a group that is run by the organization, they tell you where they are going. The last big order we did went to Africa. Each group does a different part of the kit. Ours does the pads and shields. Another one in the area does the large bags.

There are rules to follow for the fabrics, no eyes at all!!! Dark colors, 100% cotton, and I can't remember what else. We got some donated to us, we bought a lot for $60 (got about 100 yards), and bought all the flannel on sale at Joann's. It all has to prewashed, then pressed before cutting. I thought the shields were time consuming and I did not like to make them to begin with, but now that we have the die cut for them, they are a breeze! Those bags on the other hand, are not fun to do.
              Working...
              X