Cutting up jelly rolls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutting up jelly rolls?

I've been going through all my precuts and a lot of my jelly rolls ended up all mixed up together. Have you ever separated them by color and not by line? I'm thinking 'that works with that'. I could put together a cute pink and green baby quilt right now.

I know I can do whatever, I'm just curious if you did that before.
    "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Mine are all separated (and not by color or line),
    ​​​​cherry picked and sitting in a box and if they ever get used they will have to be untangled and IRONED first! Good luck wirh your project, I think it will work! Too bad you live so far away I would let you come over and play.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
      Mine are all separated (and not by color or line),
      ​​​​cherry picked and sitting in a box and if they ever get used they will have to be untangled and IRONED first! Good luck wirh your project, I think it will work! Too bad you live so far away I would let you come over and play.
      That would be fun I'm curious about how you separated them.

This would be fun to work on. One of my dd's likes rainbow looking things
      2.5-inch-nine-patch-baby-quilt-1024x768.jpg
      "People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used"― Dalai Lama XIV

Comment

• MAMSAN
        MAMSAN commented
        Editing a comment
        very pretty

• jjkaiser
        jjkaiser commented
        Editing a comment
        I am too lazy to get off my duff but I will take a photo for you tomorrow! Stay tuned...

The majority of my JRs still are in their original wrapping & stored in a drawer. I have a few that I've used from that are folded (in 4ths) & laying neatly in a plastic shoe box. The folds will need to be pressed whenever I do use them. Mine are organized by fabric line, not color. They are not tangled.

Comment

I've only purchased one jelly roll. Never again. I am a yardage girl, or at least a fat quarter girl, and I am a pre-washer. It nearly killed me to not be able to pre-wash the fabrics, especially the reds. And I can cut strips better than this:
        fullsizeoutput_29fa.jpeg

As long as the fabrics play well together, Lorie, I think your orphaned strips should make a delightful quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by MSN View Post
          I've only purchased one jelly roll. Never again. I am a yardage girl, or at least a fat quarter girl, and I am a pre-washer. It nearly killed me to not be able to pre-wash the fabrics, especially the reds. And I can cut strips better than this:
          fullsizeoutput_29fa.jpeg

As long as the fabrics play well together, Lorie, I think your orphaned strips should make a delightful quilt.
          I'm not a jelly roll girl either! I don't know what possessed me to keep buying them. Pretty fabrics at a good price I guess. I did that with templates and rulers too. My dd helping me the other day cleaning was like 'Geez mom' lol

Comment

Been there done that...only instead of washing a JR, I starched each & every strip!!! NEVER AGAIN, I usually store as manufacture, but I like your suggestion of doing it by color.
            When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
            Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Not a pre-cut fan as a rule, although I will buy solid all one color JR and charm packs if the sale is good enough.
              TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Okay here are my JR! They are a hot mess. One bin is solids and the other one everything else all mixed together. I'm pretty sure this will not inspire anyone to copy my (cough cough) organizational skills.

Comment

Originally posted by jjkaiser View Post
                  Okay here are my JR! They are a hot mess. One bin is solids and the other one everything else all mixed together. I'm pretty sure this will not inspire anyone to copy my (cough cough) organizational skills.
                  That's not too bad, it's mostly air. lol I got a little start (didn't take a before pic)

strips.jpg

Comment

• jjkaiser
                    jjkaiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good start! But now they look all ironed and pretty so how are you going to store them so they don't wind up looking like mine

That's a good question. I want to keep cleaning, so I guess I'll roll them back up!🤣

Comment

• jjkaiser
                    jjkaiser commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I saw on Pinterest somebody took an old ladder and draped their JR over the rungs then leaned it against the wall. It looked really cool, was one of those old wooden painting ladders. So there are ways...besides tossing them into a box.
                Working...
                X