Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sewing face masks needed

https://buttoncounter.com/?fbclid=Iw...0Y5rCDqALtKRTo

There is detailed info. on Bonnie Hunter's blog today on how to make the face masks.

Comment

I would love to make some masks but I can't find any 1/4" elastic online. My one local store has none and we are in stay-at-home mode. If anyone has some they wont be using I could put it to good use. I like the Button Counter pattern.
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Got any old panty hose?? that can be used. I kept ribbon from my orders and used it,, only I made it so they tied and not wrap around the ears. I even swiped the elastic from older under ware..( bloomers to my generation.)

If you want the wire across the nose you can use bread wrapper/twist ties...
        Last edited by Granny Judy; March 22nd, 2020, 12:39 AM.
        Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
        :icon_wave:

Comment

• SuzanneOrleansOntario
          SuzanneOrleansOntario commented
          Editing a comment
          Jean Truelove used pipe cleaners. The wire needs to be safe and not come out in hot water washings.
          Going to be a challenge finding elastic. Recycling for sure will inspire our creativity.

Originally posted by Bubby View Post
        I would love to make some masks but I can't find any 1/4" elastic online. My one local store has none and we are in stay-at-home mode. If anyone has some they wont be using I could put it to good use. I like the Button Counter pattern.
        Folks, I have tons of elastic on rolls which I am willing to donate for this purpose. Not much 1/4, but 3/8 in black and white. Also some 3/8 which is extremely soft and was most often used in constructing underwear. It is flexible and would do the trick too. White only. PM me with your address, a rough quantity amount, and I'll get it into the US mail to you. Will continue to do this until I run out.
        “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
        “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

I ordered the 1/8 inch from Amazon. I saw some patterns used the elastic hair ties or the rolled elastic. So many patterns out there.

Comment

edited because i answered my own question and there isn't an actual delete option
            Last edited by sydneybean; March 22nd, 2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

https://blog.bluecrossmn.com/covid19masks/

This a link to BlueCross/BlueShield's CDC approved pattern for masks. They are being donated to several hospitals in Minnesota. These are not meant for staff working directly with C0Vid19 patients, but are being distributed to more "low risk" health care providers or staff. That way the N95 masks can be saved for the workers on the "front lines." That makes sense since people seem to agree these homemade masks won't provide protection against the coronavirus.

Comment

Suzanne also posted a link on Saturday to a mask tutorial on You Tube done by our favorite teacher Jenny.

Comment

Correction: Swedish Leo, not Suzanne, posted the link to Jenny's mask tute and here it is:
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kwFaRFHKhY

Comment

Working...
                  X