Quilt Appraisals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quilt Appraisals

I have had several of the quilts I have made and acquired over the past years appraised by a Certified Quilt Appraiser. She is out of St. Louis and she is a lovely lady. I have been shocked at the values she places on the quilts. I have had them done for insurance purposes. I also realize that for a quilt to be worth the appraised value, you have to have someone with cash in hand wanting it.

The guild I belong to has a Quilt Show once a year and this lady comes to the show each year at the request of the guild.

Has anyone else had quilts appraised, and if you have were you surprised by the appraised value they were given.

We have a woman in our guild who is a quilt appraiser, Jeananne Wright. She travels & speaks & will appraise quilts. She's a very knowledgeable lady. She does the bed turning of old quilts at our annual quilt show.

Comment

I haven't had any appraised, much like jewelry, I really don't want to be disappointed. Having said that, our guild is bringing an appraiser who will appraise quilts at our next show.

Were you happy with the value and appraisals?

Enjoy life and do what makes you happy. Everything else will follow.

Every day I try to do one thing that challenges my comfort zone.

Comment

I had several quilts appraised many years ago and was shocked at the high value the appraiser placed on my quilts. (She is no longer in our area, so I haven’t any appraised for years). I was happy, but also realize the value is only good, if someone is willing to pay for it......and for the one’s I’ve sold.....no where near those early values. They were in the thousands.
        💫 Star lover

Comment

I've only had one appraised which came to me through a family friend. Due to the condition of the crazy quilt which was full of silks, satin, incredible needle work and even political ribbons. I was surprised at the value, but a little disappointed to. I would love to see it sold and donate the dollars to the scholarship that was set up in my friend's name.
          “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” ― John Muir
          “We can be many things in this life, choose to be kind!” ― author unknown

Comment

Originally posted by SuzanneOrleansOntario View Post
            I haven't had any appraised, much like jewelry, I really don't want to be disappointed. Having said that, our guild is bringing an appraiser who will appraise quilts at our next show.

Were you happy with the value and appraisals?
            I was extremely surprised and pleased at the values she put on my quilts. I know the values are for insurance purposes. She was very knowledgeable about patterns and fabrics.

Comment

Working...
            X