What has happened to the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What has happened to the forum?

What has happened to this forum? The look has changed dramatically from the last time I was here maybe a week or so ago. I can't find my way around and I'm finding it very confusing and hard to navigate. I'm computer proficient so that is not the issue. It's the design and layout that I find very off-putting. I used to come here to relax and enjoy the forum, but this new look is frustrating and annoying. Just my two pennies worth...
    Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

They decided they should "upgrade". Many unhappy folks....
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

The upgrade happened in the later part of February and a lot of kinks have already been worked out. Many more are still being worked out. If you take your time and be patient I think you'll find that it'll be back to "normal" operation soon.
      Barbara

Comment

Hi Suzette...We have a new normal now since the site was upgraded, but it is still being tweaked to get rid of a few bumps. The more you log in and navigate it the easier it becomes. Almost everything is different for sure, but some things are better. Hang in there....
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• sewUK
          sewUK commented
          Editing a comment
          I felt the same way but you do get used to the layout. I quite like the way the pages are spread out and somehow easier to access and read. Think you might agree the more you use it.

Looks like I made my first 'response' mistake😢 Chose 'comment' instead of 'write something'. Will know next time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sewUK View Post
          Looks like I made my first 'response' mistake😢 Chose 'comment' instead of 'write something'. Will know next time!!!
          I found out if you comment, the other person can't quote you back either.
          Lorie
          🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

• sydneybean
            sydneybean commented
            Editing a comment
            And you also can't "thank" them for that comment. It would be nice to be able to do that if they have added some needed and useful information

it has been upgraded as they call it. I agree much more frustrating and difficult to use. photos are a royal pain. size, etc. Don't like that at all. but sigh, it's supposed to be progress. this is not the only forum to upgrade and use smaller photos too.

Comment

The software was old and as such the site was unsecure when you logged, Many people were starting to complain about that. So they upgraded to a forum software that would still have support and be secure.
            K is for Karen 😊​..................
            Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
            T - is it TRUE?
            H - is it HELPFUL?
            I - is it INSPIRING?
            N - is it NECESSARY?
            K - is it KIND?

Comment

• GuitarGramma
              GuitarGramma commented
              Editing a comment
              This is good to know. Shame on me, I had thought, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." But I guess it was "broke"!

One of my favorite things is that posts from people you block or unfriend don't show up at all. The old forum showed they were there and you had the option to view if you wanted, but now they don't show up at all.
            pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

I think lots of us are just getting used to the new changes. It's clear this upgrade is for keeps due to technical reasons. Moderators, esp Karen, are very receptive if you have trouble with a specific area. Just post your Q on the Squeaky Wheel. And forum members are great about helping each other out. Hang in there.

Comment

I agree it’s very very confusing it was fine the way it was. I’m having a hard time finding my way around lol
                sigpicHawaiigrammi

Comment

Good morning, everyone! The upgrade was done with a lot of consideration about what we were facing. It was not an easy decision. The old forum software was going out of support, so we needed to move forward to protect everyone from potential problems. It also means many of the features we were used to were also going out of support... and some of them were never ported to newer releases. We're working diligently to put everything in place and spruce up the place to feel more like home! Thank you all for your patience and for sticking with us during the tough transition.

Brian

Comment

I don't like the change either or any change for that matter but that's just part of life. I find that
                    usually after I adjust and get used to a change it turns out to be good! Just saying!

Comment

I am still finding it all a bit challenging to navigate, find or wrap my head around. lol BUT, this is my quilting sanity place and I will be like that nice mouse looking for the cheese in the middle of the maze.
                      Sandy B.
                      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

Originally posted by Over40momma View Post
                        I am still finding it all a bit challenging to navigate, find or wrap my head around. lol BUT, this is my quilting sanity place and I will be like that nice mouse looking for the cheese in the middle of the maze.
                        We'll make sure there's less maze and more cheese. Thanks! 😁

Comment

• Over40momma
                          Over40momma commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No worries sweetie. I just about have a heart attack every time Google changes my email set up! lol Oh but I already have the cheese.....all of you. {hugs}
                      Working...
                      X