New serger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New serger help

I gave my Babylock 8 thread away, because someone needed it more than me. Well that changed. lol. I don't want the expense of another Babylock and only need 3-4 threads. I had a singer centuries ago and rather stay away from those. Any online suggestions?
    Lorie
    🌺Kauai🌺

A lot of people start out with the Brother 1034D. It is a 3/4 thred serger, pretty basic, fairly easy to thread and there are a lot of learning and trouble shooting videos on You Tube, There is even a suppport group on Facebook for it. It is about $155 on Amazon. I think Walmart sells them too
    Last edited by K. McEuen; March 6th, 2020, 03:52 PM.
    K is for Karen πŸ˜Šβ€‹..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by K. McEuen View Post
      A lot of people start out with the Brother 1034D. It is a 3/4 thred serger, pretty basic, fairly easy to thread and there are a pt of learning and trouble shooting videos on You Tube, There is even a suppport group on Facebook for it. It is about $155 on Amazon. I think Walmart sells them too
      I was looking at that one and it's on sale for $153. $250 on Sewing machines plus. I really just need it for a long hem for the dress I got for dds wedding. And... I lost 30lbs this past year πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ There are some things I might be able to alter.
      Lorie
      🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

• auntstuff
        auntstuff commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay for the 30 lb. Still trying to move 20.

• K. McEuen
        K. McEuen commented
        Editing a comment
        Just a thought, if you only need it for a hem, can you just borrow your Babylock from who you gave it to?

Thanks auntstuff 😊You can do it!

Karen I had a second reason why I wanted one.πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ
      Lorie
      🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

Love my Brother. I use it a lot to trim my quilt sandwich and that makes it easier when I attach my binding. I like the way the binding lays flat. Also use it for dressmaking and before hemming. Easy to use and like K. McEuen said there are lots of YouTube videos, too.
        No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
        Aesop

Comment

Working...
        X