Quit walls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quit walls?

Today’s Daily Deal is a quilt wall. Here is my dilemma. My quilting space has a wainscoting. About 4 feet from floor there is a wall trim that forms a tiny shelf about 2 inches deep. I can’t take off the trim, but would this bump in my wall defeat a quilt wall’s purpose? Right now my quilt layout place is the bed in this room.

Not really. Just skip that space and continue below it, if things won't stick, or put some pins in it. You could also put up some thin styrofoam panel above and below the 'bump'
    TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

I was going to suggest (similar to auntstuff) to tape up a strip of cardboard.
      Lorie
      🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

I have no space in my house for a design wall. I lay out my blocks on the fam. rm. floor carpeting. It's also where I sandwich & baste my quilts. As long as I'm able to crawl around on the floor, it will have to do.

Comment

I don't think that it would be a problem to hang up the design. You could also add the thin foam board which would help with the bump. Although I don't think that you would have to have it.

Comment

I have this design wall. I have mine hung with clips, like a curtain, on this Ikea curtain wire:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/dignite...teel-60075295/

I mounted the wire at the top of the wall. It's very thin, but strong. The beauty of this system is that I can push the design wall fabric aside when I'm not using it.
            Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Comment

how about extending the top rail and add a design wall, or flannel you can then move it around

Comment

Thanks as always for your replies. I appreciate your knowledge. Also, haha on my typo.
                Last edited by Old Newbie; March 7th, 2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X