Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Machine

Hello!

I have been sewing for at least 12 years now and am looking to upgrade my machine. I have a Singer Esteem II that I have had since high school. It has been good to me for the years that I have had it, but I am starting to sew more and am looking to upgrade in the nearish future. I am learning to quilt, not doing too much of it on my machine yet. The one requirement is for it to be quieter than my Singer (that machine is loud).

Thank you!

Hi, I have the Babylock Cresendo which is a great machine with a really large area to sew in, but it's way to fancy. I wish I would of gotten The Babylock Jazz. You need a dealer for Babylocks though. That's kind of a downfall if you have to travel really far to test them out. I suggest a dealer for any machine, but this one won't ship, even parts.
    🌺 Lorie

Comment

Brother machines are relatively affordable and easy to use. THey come in a lot of different price ranges, depending on what you want them to do.

Others here are big Janome fans. I also have a Pfaff that has been an excellent machine.

A good thing is to make a list (hopefully more than "quieter" ) and then hit up some different dealers and take some for test drives.
      K is for Karen 😊​..................
      Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
      T - is it TRUE?
      H - is it HELPFUL?
      I - is it INSPIRING?
      N - is it NECESSARY?
      K - is it KIND?

Comment

hi and welcome to the forum
        how exciting looking for your next sewing machine,
        If quilting, think about harp size, on your next machine it will make free motion and ruler work easier. If venture into that skill too.
        If you do repairs or make other fabulous homewares consider if will need fancy stitches or just a straight stitch machine.
        If you look at Janome also look at Elna, Jane who demos in UK seems to demo both brands.
        Juki, Babylock, Bernina there are lots of brands, but only you can decide which one that matches your expectations,
        if you make the machine level with table that makes life easier to, many ideas how to do that on interweb, then there are dedicated sewing tables brands too.
        if on a budget don't forget a treadle they quiet too.
        if your singer is noisy have you considered making a mat like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bN2...re=emb_rel_end one Jenny made
        Have fun making your would like lists, look forward to your update.

Comment

Working...
        X