X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good read re why we make quilts.

http://danajoforseth.com/2014/why-th...8zeFOLCsLIL-IQ
    Michele

to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world...

Thoroughly loved this! Thanks so much for the llink.
    No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted.
    Aesop

Comment

This was an amazing expression of what most of us cannot articulate. Thank you for sharing it.
      Sandy B.
      "A heart that gives will never be empty."

Comment

This one sentence says it all, and is so true:

"A quilt made especially for you may just be the quilter’s way of thanking you for your presence in her life, and letting you know that who you are, and what you are or have been to her is valued…nothing more or less complicated than that."

Comment

Just wanted to tell you I enjoyed the read. Amazing how we feel so attached to our gifts and how little anyone really knows about the time and energy we put into them. I was talking to DS who was gifted a set of embroidered towels by his sister for Christmas and telling him that I was doing some towels. I told him they took about an hour each and he was absolutely amazed. He thinks in terms of what he makes in an hour and couldn't believe that his sister would gift him so many hours. Education ... thats how I thought about it. The towels he received are now a much more valuable commodity to him eventhough he really liked them to begin with. Now more so. ha ha
          Walk in peace with the Lord by your side.
          Terry

Comment

Working...
          X