Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over40momma
    replied
    I am so sorry your friend lost his battle. Words can never convey what a person means to us, but your quilt will be an heirloom of love. What a great testament to an act of kindness!

Leave a comment:

• KPH
    replied
    Karen, I'm sorry for your loss. Quilts are such a powerful representation of our love as quilters.

Leave a comment:

• geegeequilts
    replied
    I agree with Barb about a little kindness goes a long way for someone after a loss. You are a good friend. Gina

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied
    I’m so sorry for your loss. We never know how much even the smallest act of kindness can mean to someone. Bless you for sharing your heart with this family.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied
    You created a treasure.

Leave a comment:

• Caroline T.
    replied
    I'm sorry your friend lost his battle with cancer. I know your gift brought him much comfort, and I'm sure his wife will be comforted each time she wraps it around herself in the days to come.

Leave a comment:

• grammaterry
    replied
    Originally posted by KarenC View Post
    About 18 months ago I made a T-shirt quilt for a friend who was battling brain cancer. When I delivered the completed quilt of his marathon shirts, his wife started crying. Today, sadly, I attended his funeral. It was a battle he couldn't win. When I walked into the room for his visitation, his quilt was draped over a stand for all his friends and family to see. I was told that he used that quilt every day since I gifted it to him. It was an honor for me to see if there, and a pleasure to know that such a simple act of kindness brought such joy to him.
    a wonderful tribute to your friend and returned the kindness to you in showing how loved your quilt was to him

Leave a comment:

• KarenC
    started a topic An act of Kindness can go a long way

An act of Kindness can go a long way

About 18 months ago I made a T-shirt quilt for a friend who was battling brain cancer. When I delivered the completed quilt of his marathon shirts, his wife started crying. Today, sadly, I attended his funeral. It was a battle he couldn't win. When I walked into the room for his visitation, his quilt was draped over a stand for all his friends and family to see. I was told that he used that quilt every day since I gifted it to him. It was an honor for me to see if there, and a pleasure to know that such a simple act of kindness brought such joy to him.
Working...
X