No announcement yet.

New forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with SwedishLeo for the migraines here now. I have the same problem. Could the lettering be any smaller ? I liked the old set up. The pictures of people's quilts at top etc, was much more cheerful and welcoming than this sterile impersonal white out. Usually change is supposed to mean improvement. Not seeing that here at all, What's wrong with welcoming and familiar and cheerful ? Or better still when is the next improvement scheduled so we can look forward to that one ? I am a quilter not a robot , lol.

Comment

I always opened each forum and you could click on the small button before the topic and take you to the next post that you hadn't read. Also all the ones that I was current with were in a lighter font color. Now everything is the same color. I liked seeing all the topics and not just the new ones by going to "new topics"

Comment

I think this forum readability is actually worse than the "other" place now, and that is saying a lot.
        TRUTH is seldom appreciated, unless you happen to agree with it. When you don't agree, you just call it rude.

Comment

Happy to say that I made it here again.

Just a suggestion to have the notifications, messages, and log-in " buttons in a more prominent position. Log-in was way at the top in small letters. Thankfully, I found it.

Happy Stitching!

Comment

And another thing, lol

The thread list per page for each forum is reeeeaaallllly short, and having to click to get to the next page isn't easy on a tablet because everything is teensy tiny

Comment

Originally posted by AMG View Post
              And another thing, lol

The thread list per page for each forum is reeeeaaallllly short, and having to click to get to the next page isn't easy on a tablet because everything is teensy tiny
              In the upper right-hand corner click on your name. Click “User Settings” and scroll about halfway down to “Conversation Detail Options”. You can change the thread posts-per-page there.

Now if I could only find the “make the font muuuuuuuuch bigger” button, lol.
              Last edited by cindirae; February 28th, 2020, 01:56 PM.
              Tenacity: The quality or fact of being very determined; determination.

Comment

I would like to see our signatures back. It gave the site personality and our names if we chose to put them out there. I don't mind people calling me Hula but my name is Lorie. I think the twitter and facebook links aren't going to get used and it would shrink down all this white space. I think you should take a poll on that one,
                Lorie
                🌺Kauai🌺

Comment

This skin is just all wrong for the people who use the forums. The huge chunk of screen real estate taken up by the user profile info in each post is silly. Really, how many of us are going to click the FB or Twitter button THAT frequently that we need it in literally every post?

We come here to share knowledge & opinions, to be part of a community. The texts and images we post are the primary reason we are here and minimizing the very best feature of a forum, the dialog post box is.....completely illogical to me. Its a huge miss for marketing-you really really should have a better grasp of who your demographics are. Many of us are older, a lot of us don't use a full-size monitor (we use phones and tablets and laptops), relatively few of us are really active on FB & Twitter and those who are probably aren't going to be shar8ng forum posts (sorry, this one is still baffling the heck out of me). The pages are not aesthetically pleasing, so new folk who find the site are going to be less likely to stay because every page is just a big ol eyewash-not enough color/graphics/definition for eyes to land on and process what's being seen.

Comment

• Murphy224
                    Murphy224 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    AMG you said it perfectly. Totally agree with AMG. Even if I did use Facebook and Twitter, I don't think I want my posts or pictures or my information showing up on Facebook from this forum to be shared. IF that is what those little bars below our name mean. I have always felt that a forum was different from FB in that your posts were for the people within the forum, not the whole world!

Originally posted by AMG View Post
                  This skin is just all wrong for the people who use the forums. The huge chunk of screen real estate taken up by the user profile info in each post is silly. Really, how many of us are going to click the FB or Twitter button THAT frequently that we need it in literally every post?
                  click the latest activity next to posts, in the thread the real estate changes🙂
                  once decided which prefer you set this up in the settings to either post or latest activity

choices

Comment

Originally posted by 201 Treadler View Post

click the latest activity next to posts, in the thread the real estate changes🙂
                    once decided which prefer you set this up in the settings to either post or latest activity

choices
                    That's the thing though, I don't LIKE to browse via Latest Activity. I should clarify that I meant threads/topics per page. I did increase posts per page though, and I do like not having to click to a new page every handful of posts.

Comment

When I went to look at "Who's On Line" I saw a large number of "Guests". I didn't know in the past that non members could read the forum? Could non members read the forum in the past? I admit I've never looked at the feature before so I don't know if this is a new change?
                      https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                      Women are Angels.
                      When someone
                      break's our wings
                      we will continue to
                      fly...usually on a
                      broomstick.
                      We're flexible like that.
                      - embroitique

Comment

Originally posted by Carlie Wolf View Post
                        When I went to look at "Who's On Line" I saw a large number of "Guests". I didn't know in the past that non members could read the forum? Could non members read the forum in the past? I admit I've never looked at the feature before so I don't know if this is a new change?
                        Yes before I joined, I read all the postings, just couldn't post myself with out joining
                        When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted
                        Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ktdid View Post

Yes before I joined, I read all the postings, just couldn't post myself with out joining
                          Ah Ha! See old dogs can learn new things :-) I never realized that.
                          https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/co.../icon_wave.gif
                          Women are Angels.
                          When someone
                          break's our wings
                          we will continue to
                          fly...usually on a
                          broomstick.
                          We're flexible like that.
                          - embroitique

Comment

Working...
                          X