To many projects !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To many projects !!!

I am famous for starting to many projects and not finishing them. I currently have 4 quilts started and several purses but I get bored and start something else. Can anybody tell me how I can stop this. I feel like I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head and want to do them all at once. This drives me crazy !!! I think I am just impatient. Please help me if you can....

Re: To many projects !!!

Hello, I think this mindset should be called Quilter's ADD. I have it too. I also have 4 quilts started and a wall hanging I'm still trying to finish. I also have the 2 hour purse left to do. You know the one (tulip purse) that takes more like 2 or 3 days if you work on it constantly. lol If I'm doing it for someone else it would probably get done quickly but for myself, no. Although my husbands train wall hanging is still a work in progress. If someone has a clue I'd like to know it too. Hugs, Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

There are probably about 95% of us on this board that have lots of unfinished projects. That's why some boards have a separate area just for members to list their UFO's. It helps some of us to keep accountable of what we have to finish and we get the 'reward' of finishing by telling everyone we finished something and then we get to cross it off our list. Maybe we need a separate thread here.
      Of course if you saw ALL my projects listed that I have but didn't start, projects that I don't have but want to start, and those that are started and not finished - well, it would number pretty high up there. I do think it's under 100 though. LOL! Laughing here (but am still serious!)

I keep a list here at home of what I have to work on and then I put those at the top of the list that need to get finished first. That helps me. Also - maybe you could not buy anything until you have finished up what you have already started? Nope - not a crazy thought - know that works for some people. Gee - if I followed that rule, I could go the rest of my life and not buy another quilty item at all!

Oh and if I got off this computer I'm sure I'd get lots more quilty stuff done!

Have a super day - hopefully you are over there sewing -

Hugs,
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
      http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
      http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh yes, I know what you are talking about!!! I'll start something and then find something else I want to make and can't wait to start it and then something else and so on! I thought something was wrong with me till I read on here that others have the same problem! LOL We are just creative people and as long as I have something to do or make I am happy. Keep those hands working! It's fun! You will get back to those projects when the time is right.
        Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Well, we are all in the same club. Every year at about this time, I promise myself "no new projects, no new patterns nor kits" only to find things I MUST have for fear I'll never see them in the future. So would you call it an addiction or no will power?

Comment

yep. join the club. My news years resolution is always to finish a couple quilts. I usually make it but continue to add more
            Patrice

Comment

Well that's it. I no longer feel bad about all my unfinished projects. I am in good company. I feel sooooo much better now. Thanks ladies you have made my day!!!

Comment

It's called Quilters ADD.

Hugs,
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Originally posted by quiltingtrish View Post
                  It's called Quilters ADD.

Hugs,
                  hahahahaha
                  Patrice

Comment

I have a three things in progress right now but I usually drive myself to work on one thing before I start another. I tend to put all else (such as housework, LOL) aside until I can get the project done! I get obsessed at finishing!
                    A resolution is in order because it drives me nuts to have THREE sewing things undone, the housework I am not worried about...LOL!
                    Happy New Year,
                    Patti
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Oh Rfree you hit the nail on the head for me! And I think Trish may be on to something. Quilters ADD. Finally a name for what I suffer from. I am also extremely bad for having to have something I see and fear it will be gone. I think I also just like to collect things too. I am also guilty of thinking I can do more than what I can. I usually have no idea how long things take me to accomplish. If you add your projects up into hours to take to complete, will it take you into your 80's? lol That's the mindset I am going to go with in 2011. I need to be mindful of finishining the things I have started. And there will always be something new and exciting to quilt, we won't miss anything. I will make you a challenge. I have 3 angel wallhangings and a Santa wall hanging that I will promise to you to finish by January 31st and I will not buy one single thing at the quilt store until those things are done. (Oh and I have to start my block swap too, but I will not buy anything more for that until I use what I have here.) Does that sound like a plan? Are you up for a challenge Rfree?
                      Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by Pinky View Post
                        Oh Rfree you hit the nail on the head for me! And I think Trish may be on to something. Quilters ADD. Finally a name for what I suffer from. I am also extremely bad for having to have something I see and fear it will be gone. I think I also just like to collect things too. I am also guilty of thinking I can do more than what I can. I usually have no idea how long things take me to accomplish. If you add your projects up into hours to take to complete, will it take you into your 80's? lol That's the mindset I am going to go with in 2011. I need to be mindful of finishining the things I have started. And there will always be something new and exciting to quilt, we won't miss anything. I will make you a challenge. I have 3 angel wallhangings and a Santa wall hanging that I will promise to you to finish by January 31st and I will not buy one single thing at the quilt store until those things are done. (Oh and I have to start my block swap too, but I will not buy anything more for that until I use what I have here.) Does that sound like a plan? Are you up for a challenge Rfree?
                        Wendy
                        O.K. Wendy you're on. I promise to get my fabric organized (it is in 6 huge storage containers) pushed under my long arm. I will have this done by January 31 and as you put it....I promise not to buy another piece of fabric until I sort through what I have already. As far as finishing any undone projects I have laying around???? I could choose from plenty.I am currently on stand by with a quilt I am making out of my sister in laws mothers clothes (she passed several years ago) and I am waiting for a picture of her mom she is having applied to fabric for me to put in the center of this quilt. I do have a sunbonnet sue appliqued blocks I need to put together and just might get it done. Thank you so much for your kindness and humor.I love it. Now I must get off here and head to the store to buy me some storage containers for all this fabric..

And ladies I think the diagnosis of QUILTERS ADD is sooooo appropriate. We all have it apparently and I am honored to be in your company. lol

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                          I have a three things in progress right now but I usually drive myself to work on one thing before I start another. I tend to put all else (such as housework, LOL) aside until I can get the project done! I get obsessed at finishing!
                          A resolution is in order because it drives me nuts to have THREE sewing things undone, the housework I am not worried about...LOL!
                          Happy New Year,
                          Patti
                          House work ? What's that??? ha ha lol..............

Comment

You all are too funny!!! I am not totally innocent though, but there is a big sale at my quilt store next week and I do have a gift certificate!! After that, I will join you (for at least a month) in not buying any more fabric - Thanks, I really enjoyed reading all of the posts!

Comment

I can't help you any...I suffer from the same thing!! LOL...I am the queen of UFOs!!
                              Michele

Comment

Working...
                              X