New Neighbours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Neighbours

Well I'm not a sticky beak nor a gossip, but we have new neighbours have moved in across the street yesterday and it's all rather curious. It's a massive home with 6 bedrooms and 3 very large living areas. And it was bought by a lady who looks to be in her mid to late 70s. When she came to look at the house a month ago she was with a woman in her 50s. Since the truck arrived yesterday there have been a constant stream of visitors, all caucasian women in their 50s....and two little asian children about 2yrs old. The women all look the same, hair cut the same, dress the same, neat and very casual. My initial instant impression? Nuns. Foster children maybe. But just now when one of the weenies was getting out of the car he called the lady holding the door 'mum'...and then as another came out he called her 'mum' too. Yesterday he called the elder lady mum. Of course hubby, a cop, told me not to be nosey, and I guess I will at some point have an opportunity to introduce myself, but for the life of me I can't work out the situation. Hubby also quipped, being funny, that a ready made quilting group right there across the street, "how convenient". Just seems odd for a lady of that age to buy such a huge home, and the others don't appear to be moving in.

A quilting group right here in the street WOULD be pretty Kewl tho...hubby thinks I should introduce myself as "hi I'm Pami and I have a longarm"...he's so mean lol

Cheers, Pami

Re: New Neighbours

Originally posted by pamipatch View Post
    The women all look the same, hair cut the same, dress the same, neat and very casual.
    A home for retired Stepford Wives?
    K is for Karen 😊​ Albuquerque, NM..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

Originally posted by pamipatch View Post
      The women all look the same, hair cut the same, dress the same, neat and very casual.
      That's why the kids call them all "mum" they can't tell them apart. Now I want to be nosey Let us know if you introduce yourself.
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Me too. You have managed to peak my curiosity. Maybe he said ma'am and not mum. Curiouser and curiouser, hmmmmm?
        Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
        sigpic

Comment

Too funny, Stepford wives.
          Lisa

Please treat others as you would hope others would treat those you love.

[/COLOR]

Comment

Yup, that's our K McK. laff a minute. She can ALWAYS beat me to a punch line. lol

Now I am not very observant at all but all that bustling would have caught even my attention. Do tell !

PS - I liked hubs comment about the longarm, quite a clever fella
            Sewing mends the soul.
            sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
            Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
            ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Please keep us posted Pami!....retired Stepford wives....ROFLOL!
              *~* Myrna *~*
              *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Wait a minute. Pami has the perfect solution. Her hubby is a cop. Make him run a background check on them!

Before you speak,
                T - is it TRUE?
                H - is it HELPFUL?
                I - is it INSPIRING?
                N - is it NECESSARY?
                K - is it KIND?

Comment

There you go again, Karen! You are just brilliant. Yeah, run a background check. My first inclination was a cult, and when was a Charlie Manson gonna show up. But I still like the Stepford Wives idea.
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

maybe some women from the mormon group of Warren Jeffs....just a thought
                    :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Originally posted by kelliedi View Post
                      maybe some women from the mormon group of Warren Jeffs....just a thought
                      I thought all his women were in the 12 to 16 age range. 50 is probably too old for him.

Before you speak,
                      T - is it TRUE?
                      H - is it HELPFUL?
                      I - is it INSPIRING?
                      N - is it NECESSARY?
                      K - is it KIND?

Comment

these re his cast off's
                        :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Lol, I thought you'd be curious too. I feel a little guilty as I'm always rolling eyes at my mum for watching her neighbours!

It's funny you should mention stepford wives and cults, I'd thought that!!! Lol. Stoopid me said it out loud, so hubby went off on a tangent about witches, cauldrons and the roof being made out of gingerbread :-|

Nope, he won't do a background check (mutter mutter), keeps telling me to get away from the window and laughing at me. And the suggestion on mentioning the longarm was a dig at how he thinks 'we quilters' have secret signs and handshakes lol

Unless I'm coincidentally out at the mailbox it'll be hard to start up a convo as they're out of their cars and inside so quick.

Oh, and I accidentally found that I can't see thru their front windows from here coz they've got their blind shut...hubby thinks I've lost the plot :-)

Comment

My very first thought was a bordello . . .
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                              My very first thought was a bordello . . .
                              Lollol....nope, they REALLY DO look like nuns!! Lollol

Comment

Working...
                              X