Help...please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help...please.

We are going to be taking a vacation to North Carolina. We will be going to see my husbands friend in Garner, but the kids want to go to the Beach. It looks likes the closest (from what I can tell) would be Wilmington. (i have never been there)

Has anyone been there? Any good places to see, or stay or do with kids? Any suggestions would be fabulous.

Re: Help...please.

How fun Sarah! When are you going?
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

I suggest you come through north alabama and we can do lunch!!
      Michele

Comment

Sara, I have been to North Carolina, but just on the edge. Was only there about two hours. We went over in to North Carolina when we visited Gatlinburg Tennesee. We just ate lunch in North Carolina. We drove on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I would suggest going through Smoky Mountain National Park if you have never seen the Smoky Mountains. Other than that I don't know much about North Carolina, but I hope you have a wonderful time.
        sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

thanks Girls!! I am excited about going, just wish I was more prepared....and knew the good places to go. Thanks a ton though for your help....

And Shell.......I would love to come see you. Wouldn't that be a blast!! You'd probably rather I came with the girls than my hubby and kids!!

Comment

Originally posted by sewhot
            thanks Girls!! I am excited about going, just wish I was more prepared....and knew the good places to go. Thanks a ton though for your help....

And Shell.......I would love to come see you. Wouldn't that be a blast!! You'd probably rather I came with the girls than my hubby and kids!!

Heck...I'll take what I can get!!!! If you are coming this way...seriously shoot me an email and we'll get together so you guys can stretch your legs and get some good southern food!
            Michele

Comment

ooh, I'm jealous! I wanna go! Hey Shell, do you know of any inexpensive places we could have a retreat? or just a relaxing girls weekend? this sounds like fun!

Comment

I'm sure that I can find something...since I live in Huntsville I'm in a 2 hour radius of some of the best cities in the south...

Tupelo
                Nashville
                Chattanooga
                Huntsville

and of course there's always my trailer. We have a "vacation home on wheels" that we keep at my house...so it serves as the guest house when we have company.

did we ever do a thread asking where everyone is? wonder if the "mother ship" (MSQC) would be interested in setting up a retreat weekend with classes and such in MO? THAT would be a kickin' trip!!
                Michele

Comment

I agree! "Mother Ship"! What say ye? It would be a ton of fun!
                  To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

My husband's daughter lived in N.C. at one time. We went on vacation and visited Wilmington, it's a nice town althought I home you don't have the same excitement that we had while we were there (tornado). They had a nice shopping (and I'm not much of a shopper) downtown. We spent the day at Wrightsfield Beach which is not too far from there and it was beautiful. The ocean was a calm beautiful azure. It reminded me of CanCun.
                    Diane

Comment

[
                      Originally posted by rougealar
                      My husband's daughter lived in N.C. at one time. We went on vacation and visited Wilmington, it's a nice town althought I home you don't have the same excitement that we had while we were there (tornado). They had a nice shopping (and I'm not much of a shopper) downtown. We spent the day at Wrightsfield Beach which is not too far from there and it was beautiful. The ocean was a calm beautiful azure. It reminded me of CanCun.
                      Diane
                      Diane, thanks for your input! I am starting to get excited....we are leaving this weekend! Good to know the ocean is calm.....because I am pretty sure my kids are gonna love it!

Comment

Working...
                      X