Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What (if anything) are you sewing at the moment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What (if anything) are you sewing at the moment?

I'm working on a table runner made with a Nostalgia turnover. I have fabric on the way from MSQC, so something to keep me busy while I wait for that. I like the Nostalgia but feel like working on something Christmasey, for me.

Are you able to sew now or are you too busy? What are you trying to make time to work on?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Re: What (if anything) are you sewing at the moment?

I am making a wall hanging to surprise my husband. It's of steam engine trains as he loves them. I'm trying to hand quilt it while he is out taking care of his customers. Between business calls, and books, laundry, and cleaning. Like everyone else I'm feeling the pinch of a fast approaching Christmas. I'll make it, somehow I always do. Hope your Christmas plans are coming together too. Hugs, Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I'm making a santa for my DIL she collects them and then I've got to make some bow ties for my grandson. Martha has a tut on how to make them and it looks easy. My daughter said he would love to have one for each holiday but I'm just making one for valentines for now and then make more later on. Gotta wrap some soon!
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I just made 4 batches of sugar cookies and 2 of gingerbread. I hope to get them decorated by the end of the week. the back to sewing. I have 2 aprons on the cutting table to do. I may squeeze them in over the next few days too. then I have a quick blanket to make for the daughter. A simple whole cloth type thing.
        Then what ever else I can manage before Christmas!
        Be who you are and say what you feel
        because those who mind don't matter,
        and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

I made matching aprons for my daughter in law and granddaughter. a table runner, candle mat for my secret santa at work and now trying to decide what to do with the tidings charm packs i got in from MSQC.
          Patrice

Comment

I'm working on a dresdon for my cousin who has breast cancer. This is my second dresdon. My first was a wall hanging, that I loved so much, I had to do a quilt.

Comment

I was so busy the last two weeks that I did not get much sewing done except for a label on a finished quilt I gave as a gift last weekend. Just thinking now that Christmas is over with my family and I have been feeling down, that it is time to start on the Black and White Swap blocks. Maybe that will cheer me up!
              My son gave me a $25 gift card to Joann's so I see some fabric shopping in my future!
              Love to hear what everyone is working on!
              Patti
              Patti
              "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I just finished a bag for my mother. It's the same as this one except she wanted a zipper closure instead of the flap. You can make covers to button on, so I can make her other ones for other occasions. Hard to find something for a 93-year-old, so I was happy when she saw the one I made for my sister-in-law and said she'd like one with the same fabric.
                Attached Files
                Ruth Ann in MA

Comment

I'm crosstitching my second grandson's christmas stocking (i've only been working on it for a little over a year) and almost have it finished. Maybe by Christmas Eve. On top of that two quilt tops to put together and 3 to get done by next quilt club in January. The week I'm off during Christmas and New Years is going to be busy.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Lynne

Comment

Re: Yeah it's done!!

Just finished (at 30 this morning) a quilt for my daughter and rushed it to UPS - This is her first Christmas away from home and wanted her to have something homey. Now, I can work on some casserole carriers for friends.

Comment

I'm trying to squeeze in some sewing amongst my uni work but end of term deadlines are taking over my life so it's not going so well. I've partly sashed my bear paw quilt (you can see it here). I've been putting it off because I don't have the space to layer it up here but I want to finish the top before I go home so I can quilt it over the holidays.

I'm also making a tea cosy for mum for Christmas based on this one that she fell in love with in a window:

(That's not mine, that's the one I'm aiming for!)
                      Quilting through the dull times
                      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Her's what I.m working on right now. I'm going to machine quilt it-hopefully I can get it done for Christmas.

[IMG][/IMG]
                        Last edited by Texsam; December 14, 2010, 05:24 PM.
                        Shelia

Comment

Everyone is so busy! & what fun it is to hear about all your projects!

One of you ladies sent me to a web site called Funky Friends Factory (I'm sorry, I've forgotten which
                          of you is guilty ) Sooooooooo this is what I've been up to
                          Attached Files
                          If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so surprised.

Comment

Im making pink ribbon candle mats for my sissys. Plus one for my mom. They deserve it after all they have been doing for me. also am doing a mug rug with the dresden template.
                            Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                            PAULA

Comment

Just getting ready to start sewing full size quilt. Have 24 emborided owl squares, going to put a one inch border around them all and then stripes between. Will be in golds, brown and orange. Picked up the brown material today while in town.

Comment

Working...
                              X