where is everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where is everyone?

I hope everyone is getting a lot of sewing done since no one has been around here lately......

what can we do to liven this place up?
    Michele

Re: where is everyone?

Shell it's so sad! :cry: Not a stitch of sewing! And I've been busy all day! I'm helping my daughter paint a chair purple, and my sister in law build shelves for the basement guest room, and thrift store shopping... That last one was pretty fun! Lots of treasures to be had! Unfortunately not a single sewing related find.... unless I end up covering a lamp shade in some cute MODA something or another
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Sewing is right! I have started my third Rag Quilt. I will clip this weekend when the grand daughters are over. I have two more to make. I am almost ready to start my grand daughters quilt. I am leaning towards that cute Coin Style I saw blogged. I will of course bring it to the store to be quilted. I think I have stock piled Butterfly Fling material near and far. On making these rag quilts, I have found some cute fabric-Polka Dots- near at MSQC and Far-Stripes- online from Virginia . What a stash I am building. What fun I am having..... :P
      Happy Quilting
      Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yay Daniela for all the quilting! You'll have to bring them in to show us! we do love show and tell! or you could post some pics! that would work too!

Comment

My cousin is getting married tomorrow so I've been up to my eyeballs in helping her plan. I'm drowning in last minute details.... I'd much rather be sewing.

Comment

I have been making tasket baskets. I am going to start a rag blanket soon. The weather is so nice though.........it does cut into my sewing time.
            sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by novice quilter
              I have been making tasket baskets. I am going to start a rag blanket soon. The weather is so nice though.........it does cut into my sewing time.

okay I have to ask...what is a tasket basket?
              Michele

Comment

Tasket Basket

They're basically the same thing as Penny Pockets if you've heard of those, or tussie mussie style baskets, yada yada, with a few slight variations.

They're very cute! I have a few hanging on my wall

Comment

Originally posted by stitchywoman
                  Tasket Basket

They're basically the same thing as Penny Pockets if you've heard of those, or tussie mussie style baskets, yada yada, with a few slight variations.

Those are so cute! I really like having them across a window. Thanks for the link.
                  Niki

Comment

Originally posted by stitchywoman
                    Tasket Basket

very cute....thanks!! I"ll have to try a couple of those...as soon as I get the rest of these UFOs off my sewing table...
                    Michele

Comment

So... I'm excited Today there was tons of sewing going on!!!
                      I sewed cupcakes all day!! Yay! Look forward to some cute pics and giveaways!!!

Comment

[quote=shell.scraps]
                        Originally posted by "novice quilter":2id8x4k4

okay I have to ask...what is a tasket basket?[/quote:2id8x4k4]

Here is a pic of the tasket baskets. I would like to sell them, but realistically, I will probably use them for gifts. You can give them as a thank you or get well gift. I gave one to our church secretary for administrative assistance day. I had the local flower shop put an artifical flower bouquet in it. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic of it. It was pretty though. I also gave one to a friend who just got a new job. I have given to family for birthday gift too, with flowers in them. You can use them as a gift bag to put candy, gift cards, or maybe jewelry for a birthday. The uses are many. They are very fun to make. They have the pattern at MSQC.
                        sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

they are lovely!! what a great idea and they look like they come together really easily and quick...thanks for sharing!!
                          Michele

Comment

I love the fabrics you chose!! So cute! Mine are all light pinks And they're cute but those brights are so happy! :P

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps
                              very cute....thanks!! I"ll have to try a couple of those...as soon as I get the rest of these UFOs off my sewing table...
                              I think I have more UFO's in my sewing room than actual patterns - how bad is that!

Comment

Working...
                              X