Honey Bun Scrappy Log Cabin Squares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey Bun Scrappy Log Cabin Squares

Recently, one of our quilting friends asked what you can do with a honey bun. I mentioned that I was making log cabin squares using a bun. I just thought I'd let you know I was able to make 21 scrappy log cabin blocks measuring 9 1/4" square (that figure includes 1/4" seams for sewing the squares together.) For the center square, I cut 2 1/2" squares from a tone-on-tone dark fabric from my stash. With a border or two it will make a nice lap quilt. However, I'm planning to purchase a 2nd honey bun to make a single bed-size quilt.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Re: Honey Bun Scrappy Log Cabin Squares

What a great and creative idea.....I'll have to put that on my list of quilts to make. Please post a picture of your finished quilt if you can.

Happy Sewing,
    Rae

Comment

Great idea! I was just looking for a pattern last night! I have one honey bun and am trying to find something to make. Look forward to seeing a picture.
      Shelia

Comment

hey i want to see.
        all the best
        Gina

Comment

Great idea! I never buy honey buns because I never knew what to do...thanks for figuring it out!
          Patti
          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

I'm the one who wanted some ideas and that sounds great. Now let us see what you have so far.
            Pat

Comment

It'll be awhile before I can post it. I have to wait for my daughter to bring over another honeybun when she comes to London at Christmas. It's too darned expensive to have them mailed from Missouri to the UK. You'd be shocked at how expensive fabric is over here.
              Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
              X