X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SuzyQue
    replied
    Re: QUILTING IN SOUTH AFRICA

WOW! What a huge undertaking! Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• auntiemern
    replied

Hello, and welcome to our forum. That is quite an undertaking, hope you achieve your goal. One question. In order to break the record, wouldn't the entire thing have to be made by one person or quilt guild, and not from quilts that many other people from all over the world have made?

Leave a comment:

• shannonsaulter
    replied

Hi welcome..that's a great venture...

Leave a comment:

• CrazyMtnLady
    replied

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.

Leave a comment:

• Jean Sewing Machine
    replied

Good luck! We've been looking for a forum member from Africa! Hope you get your 11,000 quilts! That will be one long quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Monique
    replied

Hi and welcome from Canada. Good luck on your venture.

Leave a comment:

• Sheils
    started a topic QUILTING IN SOUTH AFRICA

QUILTING IN SOUTH AFRICA

Good Morning to all.

My name is Sheila van dyk and am from South Africa. I would like to share a venture that i am currently undertaking. Quilting in our Country is growing rather rapidly which is fantastic!!. I have entered the Guinness World record to compete against the current record for the worlds biggest quilt. My plan further was to make them 48 x 65" and then join all these quilts in one long quilt - thus making it easier to eventually separate and being able to spread our quilting love by giving warmth to a whole community. In order to break the record, i will need in the excess of 11 000 quilts. If anyone reading about my venture, has the means to be able to make and post me a quilt from across the globe, kindly email me [email protected]. Together people can make a difference in the lives of others. Please do not think i am being forward and cheeky - just a quilter wanting to make a difference. Thank you
Working...
X