X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilmouse
    replied
    Re: Accuquilt Go

I originally purchased the quiltcut machine and didn't like it....ended up broken fairly quickly...I use the Go cutter, with minimal waste and haven't had to replace anything yet...just my experience! Good luck with your searches....I use the Go cutter with width of fabric and have had no problems cutting that way even though they suggest cutting along the selvedge edge.

Leave a comment:

• HandQuilter
    replied

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
    Has anyone purchased one of these. I am handicapable but cutting is my down fall after a while. I am thrilled with the precut packages available but would love to pick my own themes and fabrics that designers haven't thought of; particularly the pre cuts in baby and young child designs. Thanks so much!
    I have one and love it and I also have one for sale that is brand new for $175.00 plus postage, if interested.

Leave a comment:

• Marebear
    replied

I would agree with Karen - ask a friend or maybe a community organization to help you cut out quilt pieces. Maybe someone at your local shop can help.

Norma - that is one Gorgeous quilt! I love the colors too!

Leave a comment:

• sassyg
    replied

I quess it's a matter of what works for you;I have the acuquilt go and I love it especially for cutting strips. Like anything else it does take practice to achive minimum fabrice waste. There are several sites that you can goto to get more insight on the use of the accuquilt go; I especially like (b-quilt.com). Everytime I want a new die I do alittle research and been able to find them at good prices. Quilting warehouse has the best prices and I print out their price list and take it to my local Joann's and they will match their prices. SassyG

Leave a comment:

• Norma11
    replied

I actually sell Accuquilt Go's in Australia, and am the cheapest in the country. I started this because I broke my back several years ago and had a stash just not doing anything. I wanted one, but they were $599 here! So I started my webshop and in a few months have a few customers returning to buy more dies. My GO cutter is $439, the Baby $189. I have read your complaints about hurting your shoulder... sometimes the fabric is too thick, even if it is cotton. I made a king size wedding ring quilt for my Step daughters wedding a few ago, with the two die set. I couldn't never have even attempted it without the accuquilt. Others cutters do slip, that wastes fabric too. I also do applique and I haven't wasted fabric yet. Check out the pics on the gallery on my website! The back was made with the leftover fabric!
    Norma
    http://www.craftandquilting.com.au

Leave a comment:

• glenquilts
    replied

Hi any ladies still looking at Accuquilt to buy?

Leave a comment:

• Karen Log Cabin Quilter
    replied

You need a friend to cut for you. I would certainly help a friend cut out their quilt if it was difficult for them.

Leave a comment:

• Blondie
    replied

Thanks MsWindy for the link to the quiltcut thingie. I looked around their site and it is very interesting. Also, made a mental note that their cutting mats are not expensive compared to what I can find at Joann's. And if it is a thicker mat, even better.

Will be waiting to see who gets what.

Leave a comment:

• mrswindy4
    replied

I havent been here for awhile....been nursing a few health issues of my own lately. I came across a cutting system that might interest you. It looks easy enough to use, might be a bit pricey for some, but doesnt look like there is fabric waste, no more than if you cut with just a ruler and cutter. Looks easy enough to use without to much physical exertion.
    I'm considering buying this, but looking for someone that has used it to get their opinions first.

www.quiltcut.com Check out the online demo's.

Leave a comment:

• Karlee
    replied

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
    I used to hate the thought of buying precuts, but they sure do help with the shoulder, don't they?? Big long pieces are my worst...extending my arm out causes my interesting lines!! So, I would like to buy a lot of precuts but I am working on my stash for now. I didn't win again on Accuquilt today on facebook. Will try again next friday!!
    Sounds like we are in similar boats. I'm sorry you have trouble,no fun, I know!

Leave a comment:

• hillbilly
    replied

Originally posted by Karlee View Post
    Hi! Try this

http://store.junetailor.com/store/c-2-rulers.aspx

It is June Tailor's site, rulers section. Go to "home button on page and it will take you and direct you to mats.

This system would help, but it is the bearing down on the ruler material and mat. I'm shaky and that makes for interesting lines, lol! If I can just remain sitting and cut I do much better. I am waiting on my layer cakes and I think that will help a lot (pre-cut fabrics) because I can manage to manipulate and move around smaller pieces to cut.

Hope this helps!
    I used to hate the thought of buying precuts, but they sure do help with the shoulder, don't they?? Big long pieces are my worst...extending my arm out causes my interesting lines!! So, I would like to buy a lot of precuts but I am working on my stash for now. I didn't win again on Accuquilt today on facebook. Will try again next friday!!

Leave a comment:

• Karlee
    replied

Originally posted by craftyladysam View Post
    Tell me more about the shape cut mat. Is the shapes just drawn on the mat or is it the shape of the shape you need to cut?
    Hi! Try this

http://store.junetailor.com/store/c-2-rulers.aspx

It is June Tailor's site, rulers section. Go to "home button on page and it will take you and direct you to mats.

This system would help, but it is the bearing down on the ruler material and mat. I'm shaky and that makes for interesting lines, lol! If I can just remain sitting and cut I do much better. I am waiting on my layer cakes and I think that will help a lot (pre-cut fabrics) because I can manage to manipulate and move around smaller pieces to cut.

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• craftyladysam
    replied

Tell me more about the shape cut mat. Is the shapes just drawn on the mat or is it the shape of the shape you need to cut?

Leave a comment:

• Karlee
    replied

Originally posted by sally View Post
    What about a cutting mat. Ask NMlady about hers. I have one as well and it sure makes cutting easier! Callled Shape-cut.
    Sally, I off to search a shape cuut now. Thank you. I certainly don't have the money for the Accuquilt or to Waste fabric. Thanks to you and all!

Leave a comment:

• sally
    replied

What about a cutting mat. Ask NMlady about hers. I have one as well and it sure makes cutting easier! Callled Shape-cut.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X