Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY - SHOP HOP TRIP REPORT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY - SHOP HOP TRIP REPORT!

Well the weather was fantastic, the shops were adorable and interesting, but the best part of the whole trip was going to MSQC in Hamilton, Mo. and getting to meet Jenny and her family!! My friend Shelley and I took off from St. Louis Thursday morning and headed up to the Kansas City area for the Shop Hop. We stopped at 3 quilt shops before making it to MSQC late that evening, just before 7pm.

Lucky for us the crowds had slowed down and we had some great one on one time with Jenny, Sarah, Al, Ron and Amy! I felt like Jenny was an old friend from having watched all her videos and she is just as warm, happy and welcoming in person as she is in the videos! We played around with some projects I have been working on. Amy gave me some great tips on attaching applique with a blind stitch.

Sarah and Al showed up while we were there that evening and we met Natalie also the next day when we stopped by the shop on our way out of town. The MSQC shop is amazing! Quilts beautifully displayed in all rooms, all walls and on various racks and furniture. TONS of PreCuts, fabrics on the bolt, notions, rulers, patterns, sample kits etc. You can spend a whole day and not see everything there is to see.

The entrance door takes you right into the front room that has the cutting table Jenny uses in her tutorials. In addition there is the big quilting machine, fabrics, patterns, notions and PreCuts plus the check out desk in the same room. Al and Ron were busy working in the back office. The large classroom where Jenny has her sewing machine and tons of finished projects is just through a doorway from the front room.

The front room and classroom both connect to the totally awesome fabric showroom which has the cutest displays of quilt projects, PreCuts and furniture pieces. I love taking photos, so with Jenny's permission I took several of her shop and could have spent all day taking more! I also got some family photos with Jenny and her kids! The trip was so worthwhile just getting to meet Jenny and her family. I picked up materials for several new projects from the shop and can't wait to get started on them.

If anyone would like to look at the pics I took at MSQC just click on the image below for a small slideshow I made using Photobucket. (the slides move fast so you can stop the show and just view one image at a time if you prefer)

Or you can check out my new album I just made here on these forums which shows the same pics with less high resolution. Hope you all enjoy a little virtual trip through Jenny's shop and seeing all her cool stuff and meeting her lovely family!

Linda
    -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Re: MISSOURI STAR QUILT COMPANY - SHOP HOP TRIP REPORT!

I am so very jealous!!!

I would love to see the shop in person and meet the girls (and boys) who work there. Big Al makes them all look like little dolls! One day I'll make it over the pond and drop in and surprise them.

I hope you had a lovely time and learned a lot.
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I'm jealous too. Someday Laura and I will go there too. Can't wait. Loved your pictures.
      Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jan
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

We did have a lovely time and hope to go back sometime soon!

I wanted to give you another link to a better version of the slideshow. The one in my first post does not show the pics in full size plus you can't control the speed making it difficult to see all the cool things in the shop.

Try this link instead for a slideshow you can control!

http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow
        Linda
        -its not the number of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away!

sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much for the pics it's like being there too! Sure wish I could go. What a lovely place.
          Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

I am green with envy....what a fabulous trip it sounds like you had!! The photos are great....thanks for sharing
            Michele

Comment

thank you for sharing this! What fun and how envious I am of you two hoppers!
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I went there last year and had the most wonderful time also! Such a warm and cozy place to spend some time. Wish I lived nearby so I could take in the Friday night sewing, which Sarah said was a blast!
                Thanks again for the pics of your visit and all the pics of the wonderful quilts!
                I bought a ton - did you?? LOL!
                Patti
                "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                  I'm jealous too. Someday Laura and I will go there too. Can't wait. Loved your pictures.
                  Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Jan
                  OMG im sooo jealous...its my life ambition to go sniff sniff ...pout pout and runs to clean out Rodney's wallet LOL and ear makrk it Laura and Jan's Trip to MSCQ....haha Jan we have our start...now go find Joe's LOL
                  One Moment at a time

Comment

On my way Laura, he doesn't have much in there right now, but every little bit helps.lol
                    I can't wait. Great pics Sewbee. Thanks for sharing them. Wouldn't it be fun to take a class there? It's just so cool. Glad you had a great time with Jenny and family. I wonder if they ever get sick of people taking their pictures? They just seem so gracious. They are the rock stars of quilting! Love it!
                    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

It's so great to see the jumble of fabrics and precuts just waiting to be discovered. I'd like to visit, too.

Comment

I am so sorry we missed each other for lunch! It would have been such fun to connect!
                        We had a wonderful time on this SHOP HOP and I posted my journaling of our 2 days on my blog: http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/
                        We went on Monday and on Thursday (our free days this past week) stopping at all 10 shops and spending quality time among friends and fabric! We simply enjoyed all the sites, scents, and stuff shown us and we found such awesome treasures! Come over to my blog and see what we found in more detail and cool photos!
                        Love, Debi

Comment

Working...
                        X