Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My grand shopping blow out on Saturday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My grand shopping blow out on Saturday....

was a bust...don't get me wrong...it was a fun day...but the shopping was not what I expected...

We started with lunch as a great little cafe on the town square. Had a wonderful pastrami on rye and a greek salad. Then we went to the fabric store. I was able to spend $100...but I had to work for it!! They seem to mostly have notions and upholstery fabric. I got a pack of 7yds of 5x5 white squares...which should work great when I start using all the charm packs I've gotten. I also got a kit of precut attic windows that will make a king size quilt once sashing is added. That was a steal. I was able to get some tone on tone yardages...mostly creams and whites...and I picked up enough gold on red for Christmas gifts (I plan on making table runners) and I'll just have to get green to have all I need for them. It struck me as odd that the smallest they will leave is a 2 yard length. So if you have a piece that is 2.25 yards you can either take .25 or the whole thing...those are your only choices. So needless to say most of my cuts are 2 yards or more. But at $2.99 or $1.99/yd you really don't care.

After we got our fabric we dropped it off at the car..then wandered around the square checking out antique stores...didn't find anything we couldn't live without. Then we went a bit off the beaten path and hit a local quilt shop. She runs it out of her house and it's really cute..but her yardage prices were a bit out of tune with my remaining fabric budget...but she had a TON of 30s reproductions that I would kill to get my hands on...maybe after I get my next paycheck I can see if she does online orders...

it was a fun day...it was nice to just go out with the girls...but next time we may find another fabric store to go to...and if we had planned it better maybe we would have gone to Paducah...but that would have been a 4 hour each way trip that I just wasn't prepared for this weekend...maybe next year....
    Michele

Re: My grand shopping blow out on Saturday....

Originally posted by shell.scraps
    It struck me as odd that the smallest they will leave is a 2 yard length. So if you have a piece that is 2.25 yards you can either take .25 or the whole thing...those are your only choices. So needless to say most of my cuts are 2 yards or more. But at $2.99 or $1.99/yd you really don't care.
    That is kind of odd. But hey, at least the price was right!

Comment

Re: My grand shopping blow out on Saturday....

Still, sounds like fun to me! I really need a good shopping trip...(I need spendable cash first!) but, a getaway sounds fabulous!

Comment

Working...
      X