Site trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site trouble

Hey guys, I've been working around the clock trying to recover from our being swallowed alive on our free day. I'm building a new server cluster that will allow us to scale better in the future, but for now, I'm making sure the site is back up and running like normal.

Could you report any issues you see as you use the site - does it still timeout for you, does it stall on ordering, etc. And tell me? The more I know the better,

Thanks for the help everyone!

Re: Site trouble

Thanks for your efforts BillNye, I still had problems with timing out about 2 hours ago and have only just logged back in so I will let you know how things go.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Comment

Thanks BillNye for all your hard work! Yes I've had trouble all day. Finally got to order today's deal. It kept timing me out until just now. Same on the forum too. Trying to help not complain.LOL
      Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Me too. It goes to a page that says the server on this site is down. I get off and come back in a few minutes then it does it again. It looks like your going to need a mega server with all the new people on the site. lol Good job at trying to keep it online though.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I know you know it hasn't worked for two days. I must have missed one heck of a daily deal. Oh, well, life goes on.

Thanks for working so hard on the site, Bill. We all appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by BillNye View Post
            Hey guys, I've been working around the clock trying to recover from our being swallowed alive on our free day. I'm building a new server cluster that will allow us to scale better in the future, but for now, I'm making sure the site is back up and running like normal.

Could you report any issues you see as you use the site - does it still timeout for you, does it stall on ordering, etc. And tell me? The more I know the better,

Thanks for the help everyone!
            I knew you were a busy little bee! I too appreciate all that you do and being an IT Director's widow know all that goes on when I get a message that says, "we're cleaning up our server ...." and I can't log on ... I'm just so impressed that it didn't take a WEEK like most sites, to get back here! GREAT work kiddo!
            *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

It seems to be working like normal now. Even on my Mac.

Truly amazing how far MSQC and the Quilter's Forum has come in less than two years!
              Keep up the great work!
              Be who you are and say what you feel
              because those who mind don't matter,
              and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com

Comment

DANG IT! Spoke too soon! Was just trying to look at the blocks in the block swap in the Groups section and got bounced off the board and couldn't get back til now ...
                *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

If this posts, it will be the first time I've been able to all day. The page loads but then I can't get anywhere else or even sign out of the site.
                  Shelia

Comment

I've been bounced out all day but I was very glad you'd managed to patch everything back up because I've been sitting in the accident and emergency department for 5 hours and you kept me sane (and entertained the two guys I was with).

6am now - time to sleep

Your the best Al x
                    Quilting through the dull times
                    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Okay seems like it's working now. Thanks for all of your hard work at getting the site back up!
                      Shelia

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                        I've been bounced out all day but I was very glad you'd managed to patch everything back up because I've been sitting in the accident and emergency department for 5 hours and you kept me sane (and entertained the two guys I was with).

6am now - time to sleep

Your the best Al x
                        jrchapman what happened?

And thanks everyone, glad to hear it's moving again for everyone. I still cannot believe how many people hit the site in the last two days, you'd think we were on the Today show I'm currently taking the site from our two servers to seven. Expect major improvements in speed in the next two weeks. Not to mention the new products. Sarah has been busy buying and we have some awesome new stuff going up (especially now that she can get to the site )

Thanks again!

-Al, the YSGLCG

Comment

jrchapman what happened?

And thanks everyone, glad to hear it's moving again for everyone. I still cannot believe how many people hit the site in the last two days, you'd think we were on the Today show I'm currently taking the site from our two servers to seven. Expect major improvements in speed in the next two weeks. Not to mention the new products. Sarah has been busy buying and we have some awesome new stuff going up (especially now that she can get to the site )

Thanks again!

-Al, the YSGLCG
                          Yes, Jr...is all ok???

And YSGLCG...thanks so much. I will be patient if things get messed up a bit as you are working hard to make them better!!

New products?? That is wonderful! Can't wait to see!

Comment

jrchapman what happened?

Thanks again!

-Al, the YSGLCG
                            Thats coz we love you so much BillNye that we just had to keep coming back to see you ........ ..... what does "YSGLCG " dumb aussie here have to excuse me its coz l spend all my time sitting on my head down under
                            "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
                            :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

jrchapman what happened?

Thanks again!

-Al, the YSGLCG
                              I was on a night out for a friend's birthday and one of the guys who has had heart problems in the past started having chest pains. It was nothing to worry about in the end but it's better to be safe than sorry. A&E on a Saturday night is always fun - lots of drunks and tramps!

Can't wait to see what's coming next!

Lisa - YSGLCG is our very own Young Single Good Looking Computer Guy
                              Quilting through the dull times
                              northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X