Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from International Quilt Expo

Oh my Gosh!
    I was truly amazed of the talent of these women. Spectacular. The technique used numerous techniques. Some of them looked like photographs, feathers on birds etc. It would take me years to make even the simplest one! On the vendor side of the expo - Wow!! My ankles are swollen from all the walking. I bought a ruler to make Dresden plate patterns. I was so easy when you use one of these rulers (at least when the demonstrator did it.) They had buttons, fabric galore, needle punch arts, stencils, sewing machines and so many other things. I think they had over 100 vendors. I will definitely go next year. If a show like this comes to your area, make sure you go. All the vendors have quilts at their booths and you can get some great ideas for fabric choices and combinations. I saw some of the great fabrics that have been offered in the deal of the day, but not at the great price you get here! Keep up the good work MSQC!

Re: Back from International Quilt Expo

Glad you had such a wonderful time, it's sounds like an absolute blast. I would probably go into a coma from awesome-fabric overload or something.... Thanks for sharing with us!

Comment

Wow! So lucky! :mrgreen: Did you find anything you're going to try? Let us know if your ruler really helps! Those demonstrators are good but now comes the real test 8-) ! You're right this is something we all need to try to go to. Just to feel the quilting excitement!
      To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Sounds like fun! I just know I'll get my turn...someday! Oh, and when you make those dresden plates...post a few pics for us! Those are gorgeous! Can't wait to see them!

Comment

did you take any pics? I would love to see them!! it sounds like you had a wonderful time.
          Michele

Comment

I did not want to lug my camera (I wish I had!). I took some pictures with my camera phone, but they did not do the quilts any justice. Below is the link to see some of the quilts. I tried out the Dresden plate ruler, I love it! I made three of the shapes and sewed them together - so cute!!. The demonstrator said the work great with charm squares. When I get a completed one made I will attempt to post a picture.

http://www.quilts.com/home/

Niki

Comment

Wow I checked out the web site. The pictures look like there was alot of fabric and quilts. It gives me something to dream about. Glad you had a good time.
              sigpic www.seejaysnotes.blogspot.com

Comment

We are all living vicariously through you!! Darn about the camera!! But I do understand about NOT wanting to lug it around!

Tell me more about that dresden plate ruler!!! I just might have to get one!! (or 5 for the shop!)

Comment

Working...
                X