What this forum means to you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What this forum means to you!

This forum is my quilting guild. None of the shops (2) in this area, have anything that melds with my schedule. Most are in the mornings, when I have to head for work. You guys are around at all hours and fit right into my schedule and my life. There aren't too many people that "get" the whole online dynamic. This place and all of you, fills a void, and so much more.
    K is for Karen 😊​..................
    Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Comment

This is my quilting home and home is where the heart is right? I guess there are more quilting forums but when I came across the tutorials that Jenny Doan had for quilting, I thought well there has to be more good info where that came from and was more than pleasantly surprised when I got to this forum. The knowledge base, the up-lifting environment, kind and funny interaction with other quilters is really what I needed. I too have a guild in my area but as shy as I am around new people, I would be of no good. Here I can be more of myself and enjoy, well, everything about this forum I guess. I am so happy that the Doan family has been able to set this all up for us and to do all the tutorials out of the kindness of their heart for us!!
      Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I am totally addicted to this forum, too!!!
        I check it several times a day...love reading all the questions, answers, tips and stories....
        Stories that make me laugh and make me cry...
        Truly a wonderful group!!!! Thanks for allowing me to join in and be part of it....
        Carol

Sewing Mends The Soul ~ Author Unknown

Comment

I believe that I am addicted to this forum. If you wonder why I don't have more quilts done....the reason is that I am looking at things on this forum or suggested links that are shared here. Seriously though, one of the reasons I enjoy it here this much is because of the support, friendship, laughs and prayers for each other. Earlier today I was telling my husband about Mr Daisy starting his isolation very soon and that Ms Daisy was needing support. After I told him about it, he said, "that's a really good thing about the forum...the support and encouragement that you'll give each other". I couldn't agree more! When Klaisien finished her quilt for Douwe I was all excited and showed my DH the pictures. I even called him at work and told him about Cyndi and her sneaky surprise that she sent me. You all are part of my circle of friends and I'm glad to be part of this group! Thanks to all of you!
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I'm not a morning person, so you most likely won't find me here in the morning. But this is one of my last stops before I head off to bed. I'm here nearly every night! I started on the forum last fall because I love the tutorials and I love the deals. But then I started meeting the people on the forum and something clicked for me! I was hooked!! I can now say that I know people all over the world because I count all of you as my friends!! We advise each other, we laugh together, and sometimes we cry together. Oh, I can't forget, sometimes we even whine together!! I thank God for bringing me to this site and letting me meet all my new friends!!!

Pam in Vegas
            Pam in Vegas

Comment

I love being able to talk to like-minded people and get help and advice but also lend an ear (or eye, as it were) to someone in need. There are some people that won't take a young person seriously when they walk into a quilting store (especially when that young person happens to be wearing a Metallica hoodie. Not that I would know from experience. Ahem) but here age and social status are meaningless because we are all here for the same reason: We love to sew! Whether it's quilts, or table runners, or even little bears, we all share a love of sewing and creating with fabric. And the love and support that we find is a great bonus
              *Dee*
              Believe
              There Is
              Good In The World

Comment

I usually don't get to come here in the mornings during the week but I love coming here in the evening and seeing what everyone's day has been like and what's going on. The support shown here is just terrific. It is inspirational. And all the wonderful projects everyone is working on are just amazing. It's a place to come to catch up, ohh and ahhh over some truly beautiful creations, get inspired, find a solution to something not going quite right and just see what our friends are up to. I truly feel that people are friends here. I too found this forum through Jenny's tutorials and so glad that I did. Thank you Doan family for sharing Jenny with us and inspiring us all.

Ginny B
                Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

I agree with Donna, it feels like home. Even though I have only been in the forum for a few months, I too check in several times a day.
                  sigpic
                  2013 = God's continued grace, healthy friends and family, and many wonderful sewing projects :icon_wave:
                  Jeanette

Comment

Frienship - I have made more friends here in the last few months than at any other time in my life - Thank You All!!!!!

...and when I was gone for a bit and came back to all those messages - that REALLY meant a lot to me!
                    ~Kathy~

Comment

I really don't do the forum thing, but this site has me hooked. Everyone is so caring and helpful. It feels like we have our own community here like a family. The source of information and the knowledge that people have is invaluable! No one is nasty or snarky to anyone else and always willing to help.

I think we're the best in the world!!!

Comment

This forum has become part of my every day life. I hardly ever disconnect from this site. Every time I walk by, I have to check you guys out for at least a couple of minutes. You've become like family to me. It's a place I come to learn, to laugh, to sometimes cry and pray with you, and to share. I love that you are accepting, supportive, and caring.

I agree that Jenny and her family have set the tone for this forum through their own down-home friendliness. I'm so glad that they have provided us with this website that connects us from all over the world. I have gained so much by having you guys in my life. Love to you all!
                        Bec

Comment

If it wasn't for the Doan's we wouldn't have this family. I thank God everyday for the family who created this site. And I thank Him for all of you. You have all been such a blessing in my life. You have all gotten me through very scary times with Emily. The love we all share, is so precious to me. You have given my Granddaughters blessings with the quilts you made and are making for them. You made them smile at a time in their life that has not been happy. I will hold in my heart the joy on their faces forever. What would I do without your prayers and healing thoughts and blessings. God Bless you all and God Bless the Doans. And Thank you for being my family. Love, Hugs, and Prayers always, Jan L.
                          Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Oh my goodness!! You all are gonna make us cry over here!! You are the best! We are so blessed to have such amazing and sweet friends out there all over the world! I love hearing and seeing the fun relationships that are built here! Thanks to you all for being kind and caring to those in this community! We really are all family here!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ya! ALL OF YOU! Thanks for making my entire week!!!

Comment

Yes I agree with all of the above and Jan L.. Without you all I would be lost...you all have helped me to be a better person and I am getting better at quilting because of this forum, the tut's and the Doan Family. God Bless you all and M*QC and most of all the Doan's for this wonderful Home Away From Home. (even though I am sitting here at my home!!!!) Along with a new family and friends.

THANK YOU ALL,
                              Love and Hugs
                              Jan G.
                              Jan G :icon_wave:

THE HURRIER I GO,
                              THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!
                              :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X