Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snap Happy Bags

Hi,
    I haven't tried the Snap Happy bags yet but I was looking over the instructions. Could someone please tell me what is fusible pellon light weight batting? I tried looking it up online but I can't find anything with that exact description.. Help anyone....Thank you , Shirley
    Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Re: Snap Happy Bags

Hi there! I think its just another name for lightwieght fusible interfacing. You can find it by that name at your local fabric shop or superstore. I know at the fabric store you can get it in white or black. At my local superstore I can only find it in white. There are also several different wieghts. Its pretty easy to figure out wieght you need.
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Comment

I made 25 of the small ones for my retreat last November. I did not use the fusable interfacing, just a thin piece of batting in them. For the small ones, the fusable interfacing was a bit of overkill. I would use it for the larger ones.

They're fast and easy though. Try a Dollar General for the tape measures. I found them for $2.39 and that made about 10 of them.

Julie

Comment

Forgive my stupidity but what is a "snap happy bag" Thanks, Jan
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
          Forgive my stupidity but what is a "snap happy bag" Thanks, Jan
          I think I missed that tutorial as well, so I guess I'm stupid right there with ya! Hugs!

Comment

Thanks Hill, it's good to not be alone. hugs back, Jan
            Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
              I think I missed that tutorial as well, so I guess I'm stupid right there with ya! Hugs!
              Me, too! What are snap happy bags?
              ~Laurie

Comment

Thanks Middlesis and Jules I will check that out. I didn't know if you could use just a light cotton batting. Should I just spray baste it or is that even needed?
                The Snap Happy bags are the little bags that are made using a tape measure in the closure. Google it and you will see the a picture of the pattern. Very cute and I am anxious to make them. Guess all the gals in my family will be getting one.
                Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

The pattern calls for the batting and the fusable interfacing. I don't think you need both for the very small ones. You probably do for the larger ones.

I'm not sure if there is a tutorial on them. If not, there should be. They're really easy to make. I heard about it from a fellow shopper in a fabric store. I had to send away for the pattern but now I've seen them at the local stores. Perhaps MSQ has it or can get it for you.

Comment

Sounds interesting...I am gonna google it!
                    Patti
                    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Working...
                    X