Christmas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas...

I know it seems so far away and yet. Wow I remember planning my summer vacation and it has come and gone. SEW...how many are making quilts as Christmas gifts. I plan on making rag quilts for my daughters. Both live in basement aptments so I know they will appreciate having a warm flannel quilt to snuggle up in.
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Re: Christmas...

I haven't even thought about Christmas yet, I have three relatives/close friends having babies in the next 2 months so I'm all focused on baby quilts. I think I'm going to have to pass on Christmas quilts this year.
    Quilting through the dull times
    northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I am trying to come up with NON quilted gifts for a change. We always give homemade though. I think Mod Podge is calling my name.

Comment

I have 2 quilts I would like to have made for gifts this year. They will both be friendship braid quilts cause I hear they are easy, so we'll see. I have fabric for the one (Civil War) and haven't decided yet on fabric for the other. I'm usually late with Christmas gifts, but I'm going to try to change that this year.

Hugs,
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I'm working on a quilt top that my sister loves. I keep telling her it is for my mother in law, but it will probably be my sister's Christmas gift. Just need to work on it and get it finished.

Comment

What is the friendship braid quilt?
            sigpic
            Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Christmas Im drawing a total blank this year. Im so tired of the same ole thing, ie cookies. I thinking of something that is small but still a nice gift. The problem is 1 of my sissys live with my mom, so her own kitchen stuff would not be a good gift. Thank goodness I have a few more months.
              Have a blessed day in HIS name!
              PAULA

Comment

Last night I thought of something I might make. I think art journals would be fun. I will tailor each to suit. THere are so many neat graphics out there to stir imagination, and then I could add some homemade recycled papers, some journaling ideas on each page, pages for past and future....just all kinds of ideas come to mind.

Comment

Well, I'm going to attempt Log Cabins for my 2 daughters and hubby for Christmas this year ... we'll see what happens though I sure hope you ladies will share pics
                  *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                  http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow you all have such fab ideas! Maybe this will help unlock the block!
                    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                    PAULA

Comment

Originally posted by sally View Post
                      What is the friendship braid quilt?
                      Look under tutorials, Jenny did a lesson on making a friendship braid quilt. It looks fairly easy the way she does it. And its pretty.
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
                        Well, I'm going to attempt Log Cabins for my 2 daughters and hubby for Christmas this year ... we'll see what happens though I sure hope you ladies will share pics
                        Log cabins are my favorite. They always have been. Can't wait to see them.

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                          Look under tutorials, Jenny did a lesson on making a friendship braid quilt. It looks fairly easy the way she does it. And its pretty.
                          It is pretty, and I think it looks fun. I want to buy that binding tool!

Comment

Also, how about a small table runner as gifts maybe? They can go fast and they could use it as a dresser scarf maybe if they don't have a table to put it on. You could just make it easy and sew squares together and bind it. Using precut squares (charm packs) would make no pre-cutting involved. Or you could use pre-cut strips and sew them together - use them like that or after sewing them together, cut those sewed strips hortizonally into larger squares and put those together. Have some strips going one direction and the next going the other direction and continue doing that until you have a table runner length you'd want. Quilt and bind and you're done. Hmmm, maybe I'll try that.

Or tissue cozies. There are tutorials on the internet and they go pretty fast too. The ones where you put the little packs of tissues inside. You can use all kinds of fun fabrics for these. It's fun to open your purse and see these inside.

Hope this helps.

Hugs,
                            Last edited by quiltingtrish; August 19, 2010, 03:28 AM. Reason: ADD MORE INFORMATION
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
                            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
                            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I'm making a quilt for my two youngest grandsons. The first one is almost done, welllllllll I said almost. The second one I hope will be quicker because I'm making a rag quilt out of old jeans. I'm embroidering
                              tea towels and making fancy work gloves to wash the dishes with. Aprons and tote bags and also pillows for the men and boys. Hope to use lots from my stash! Now to keep this a secret is my problem. I want to give it to them now or as soon as I get it done.
                              Saundra

May your troubles be less and your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door! God bless the USA!:icon_wave:

Comment

Working...
                              X