Your sewing area!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your sewing area!

Just wanting to throw out a little get to know you question for the gals here. I was standing in my sewing room and looked around. Its a total mess. LOL! But everytime I clean it I can never find anything. I just leave it a mess and just sew away. When I do clean it sometimes its like Christmas, cause I come across fabric that has gotten buried. So heres my question? Is your sewing area neat as a pin, or like mine tornado alley? Dont worry I heard there is no quilt police so if your messy or neat its OK. O and if your really brave post a picture.
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Re: Your sewing area!

Can't send a picture but I can declare it a disaster area. I also share it with 5 birds.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

I can't stand working in a mess. So, the sewing area is neat. And the rest of the house is a total disaster. I just take care of what's most important...my workspace!!! (and I am not being silly. this is how it is around here.)

Comment

Well, mine is a total disaster! Mainly because I don't just use it for sewing & quilting. I also use it for paper crafts (making cards, boxes, etc.) and for making vinyl wall decor. So on top of fabric, sewing machines & all the accessories, I have to have room for my cutters, vinyl, paper and all those accessories! Don't even get me started on trying to craft in there, then I have to trip over and move around 3 dogs under my feet that insist on being there!

Comment

I only have a corner of a room to work in so I try to keep it as straight as possible. I don't like working in chaos either. I get enough of that at work!
          Shelia

Comment

Well, my actual sewing area is my kitchen table so there's always something on there. I do have to clean it up before each new project. Eat at the table? No problem. We haven't eaten there for years. The kids are never home at the same time, so we rarely eat together. I do insist on holidays though that we sit as a family.
            As for the rest of the stuff - in my bedroom, basement and dining room. It is mostly organized or I wouldn't find a thing. I can usually go and get what I need when I need it.
            Sorry no photos. The drive that had the photos went down this week and the only thing I'm getting right now is email at times and internet at times. Of course, anything that was saved on the external drive and the harddrive has been lost to cyberland.

Love reading this thread.

Hugs,
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
            http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
            http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

I have a bad habit of cleaning and organizing my sewing room and then telling myself that I'm gonna keep it that way and as soon as I start another project it's a mess again. I'm gonna clean it today so we'll see how long it lasts.

Comment

Disaster! Right now it doesn't look too bad since I folded and shelved some fabrics yesterday, but generally, it's a gigantic mess. Like most of you, I imagine, my space is not limited to fabric and sewing, but many different crafts that I've tried along the way
                http://dottyjanedesigns.blogspot.com/

Comment

I try to keep it picked up between projects...but it's a mess while I'm working....scraps strewn all over....threads laying around....a million pin cushions......
                  Michele

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                    I can't stand working in a mess. So, the sewing area is neat. And the rest of the house is a total disaster. I just take care of what's most important...my workspace!!! (and I am not being silly. this is how it is around here.)
                    Mine is the same! However, all my projects are stacked on top of each other, but all neatly so I can find them and in the order that I want to finish them, however, I have pulled one out of the bottom (Christmas) to work on it just for the break in what I sometimes consider to be monotony!

This is how you find things in my "Qurap" Room/Area
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by RockyMountainHorseMama; August 6, 2010, 12:20 PM.
                    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

I have a book that says messy people are the most creative. It must have been written by a slob. LOL
                      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Book what book I dont remeber writing a book. LOL. Thanks ladies. I love all the responses you have given. Im glad to hear Im not the only one who has their area declared a disaster, lol. keep them coming if ya got them.
                        Have a blessed day in HIS name!
                        PAULA

Comment

my sewing area. is a kitchen styled table in my bedroom. so i move all the stuff from my table to my bed. then put it all back... back an forth.... need to get some shelving....
                          all the best
                          Gina

Comment

Mine goes back and forth, I usually spif up before a new project but I do a big clean when I'm looking for inspiration and voila! All the planned projects resurface and the fun fabrics and sewing notes are found and all of a sudden I have tons of things to do!
                            To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Miy sewing area is actually a guest bedroom. Was my daughters room until she moved out and I moved my "mess" in. Used to be in our bedrrom and that was bad. Right now the floor is littered with material cuttings and thread. Working on blocks for my first block exchange.
                              sigpic
                              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Working...
                              X