What is your favorite Quilt block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your favorite Quilt block

Thanks to all who are giving such fab looking blocks ideas. I cant wait to get something started.
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Comment

Originally posted by sewhot View Post
      I love pinwheels and the disappearing nine patch. I pretty much love all stars too! WOnky log cabins are awesome also.

I guess it would be safe to say, I like a LOT of quilt blocks!! Hahahah!
      This is me too! I love to make different blocks and have fun with them (guess that is why the SWAP BLOCKS are so much fun!) The Dresden Plate is fun and so easy once you know how.!!

paper piecing - now that has gotten this blind lady fustrated a few times, so i am staying away from that (for now) LOL

HUGS! Suzi
      Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
      hugs, Suzi
      http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
      it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

I love the Dresden plate, and grandmothers fan.
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
          I love the Dresden plate, and grandmothers fan.
          I have the new tool for the dresden plate. Im gonna give it a try Sunday for sure! I've have some ideas whirling around in my head so its time to put it to fabric.
          Have a blessed day in HIS name!
          PAULA

Comment

I don't have a favorite because I love them all! I have had alot of fun with a disappearing 9 patch recently (needs borders), and I have a Bliss jellyroll that is begging to be "in the park", so it will be a 'Bliss In the Park'.
            Ooooh, sorry if that sounds a bit risque! LOL
            I have done 2 four patch quilts recently as well. One is still just a top.
            I have some Jingle charms in flannel, that I am trying to deicide what to do with. I started to lay them out for another disappearing 9 patch, but not sure yet what to do with them.
            Lola
            :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Ha Ha good one Lola! I haven't found a favorite block yet. I'm about to do the star quilt and either the pinwheel or a disappearing nine patch from the tutorials.
              Shelia

Comment

I love the disappearing 9 patch I tried. I cannot wait to get in into my tutorials on my blog!!! I call it my ugly duckling, because the colors I used at first it wasn't so pretty, but finished...i set it on point, and WOW!! (take a nap baby so I can go sew and finish it, please??!!)

Comment

Irish Chain quilt...ach must be the Irish in me. Erin Go Braugh!
                  sigpic
                  Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Oh also the friendship braid...Actually these are not blocks just my favorite quilts I guess...must be monday morning!
                    sigpic
                    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Originally posted by middlesis1966 View Post
                      Thats a pretty block. I cant wait to try it someday. Have you done one? If you have any pointers you wanna share?
                      The grandmother's fan was the first block I did. It was so easy. I love it. It's not hard to do at all, at least the pattern I had. It only had 9 pieces per block, and a dab of eyelit material.

Comment

Sally, I love the Irish chain and friendship quilt too. I'm just not good enough yet. And speaking of Irish, I am to.

Comment

Shelia, you will love the disappearing 9 patch! It's so fun to play with the layout of the blocks once you have them cut, meaning after you make the 9 patches and then cut them in 4.
                          Have you seen the I-Spy layout of them?? I had such a hard time deciding between that and another layout of them! The I-Spy, you have to decide before because it affects how you sew the 9 patches together to start. I didn't use the I-Spy on this quilt, but I will soon.
                          Lola

Comment

Hey Lola,

No I haven't every heard of the I-spy layout. Sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing yours when you make, I'll be waiting patiently ( no rush ya know )
                            Shelia

Comment

I don't know how soon I will get an I-Spy version made, so here is the link to the tutorial.

http://obsessivelystitching.blogspot...ring-nine.html

I pretty much followed her other version for the Disappearing 9 patch and it is turning out very nice. It's the quilt that is awaiting borders because I can't decide which fabrics I want to use for them. Most of the time, that's what takes me so long to accomplish anything because I have a terrible time making decisions.
                              Lola

Comment

Thanks for the link Lola. That looks like a fun way to do that pattern.
                                Shelia

Comment

Working...
                                X