What is your favorite Quilt block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite Quilt block

Just thought Id throw this out there for whoever wants to reply. I am new to all of this, so if I get some names thrown out there, then I will know what to look for when the more seasoned ladies at my guild talk shop. Well I really havent done a whole lot of quilts, but I have made a few blocks. My all time fav is the disappearing 9 patch. I could to that over and over again, lol. I like it because you can do so many differnt looks with it. Well have fun and have a blessed night.
    Have a blessed day in HIS name!
    PAULA

Re: What is your favorite Quilt block

Hi, my favorite block is the grandmother's fan.
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thats a pretty block. I cant wait to try it someday. Have you done one? If you have any pointers you wanna share?
      Have a blessed day in HIS name!
      PAULA

Comment

I love log cabin first,thats the first block i ever did quilting a few years back now,since then many blocks have taken my fancy, like trip around the world,plus the ones shown on MSQ.
        Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

I seldom quilt traditional blocks...but when I do, I am a fan of the log cabin as well. It lends itself to so much variety!

Comment

I haven't experienced many blocks yet because I stupidly chose to do a very complicated wedding quilt for my 4th ever quilt. Silly silly silly!

My favourite so far has been the hidden wells block because it looks really complicated but it's just simple strip piecing.
            Quilting through the dull times
            northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I actually haven't tried any yet - but I'm pretty sure I'm going to attempt the rail fence block for my first ever quilt. I watched the tutorial from this site and it looked like something I could manage. I can't wait to begin - I got a lovely pink & brown jelly roll just begging me to use it!
              "Remember me as I tried to be, not as I was."
              ~Urza, The Brothers' War

Comment

Sava, that was my first big quilt was the fence rail. It's great for beginners and looks great when it's finished! I posted some pictures in the show and tell: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...rty-cat-quilt-)

I really enjoyed that block. I love the disappearing 9 patch. After watching the tutorial on this website several times, I'm definitely going to have to make that one day! I like the pinwheels and stack n whack blocks. I'm fairly new so I haven't had the nerve to tackle blocks like log cabin, but it sure is pretty!

Comment

Originally posted by cathys311 View Post
                  Sava, that was my first big quilt was the fence rail. It's great for beginners and looks great when it's finished! I posted some pictures in the show and tell: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...rty-cat-quilt-)

I really enjoyed that block. I love the disappearing 9 patch. After watching the tutorial on this website several times, I'm definitely going to have to make that one day! I like the pinwheels and stack n whack blocks. I'm fairly new so I haven't had the nerve to tackle blocks like log cabin, but it sure is pretty!
                  Awww, that is a beautiful quilt! Were those real photos of cats or just a fabric, I couldn't tell from the pic.

I've seen so many gorgeous quilt patterns that I am hoping to try one day when I'm experienced enough. I just love looking at people's quilts and marveling over how pretty they are.
                  ~Urza, The Brothers' War

Comment

Those are pictures of my cat lol. I used printed treasures fabric sheets.

Comment

Very cool!
                      ~Urza, The Brothers' War

Comment

Originally posted by cathys311 View Post
                        The disappearing 9 patch is a breeze. You'll love it. And actually log cabins are quite easy as well!! If they don't do a tutorial on one soon, I'll teach it on my blog. Now, the stack n whack is something I've never tried, and I've been quilting for 8 years now! So, you go girl!

~hillbilly~

Comment

I have so many favorites, after coming here to see how things can be done much easier on video's,thank you ladies for making them possible for us.I have to say- i have made a couple from the video's- walk in the park one and the Amish star.
                          I REALLY want to see the bargello quilting sometime.
                          Quilting is good therapy.

Comment

mine isn't really a block but a whole quilt. I am totally in love with this quilt from the quick quilts magazine and am thinking about ordering the kit to make it. It's called eye candy.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I love pinwheels and the disappearing nine patch. I pretty much love all stars too! WOnky log cabins are awesome also.

I guess it would be safe to say, I like a LOT of quilt blocks!! Hahahah!

Comment

Working...
                              X