disappearing 9 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disappearing 9 patch

I made this disappearing 9 patch from fabric I had left over ! What do you think ?
    Attached Files

Re: disappearing 9 patch

I think that's a great way to use up scraps!!!! Looks great!
    Michele

Comment

This is really pretty. I love the colors.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Originally posted by shell.scraps View Post
        I think that's a great way to use up scraps!!!! Looks great!
        Ya, I can't afford to buy charm packs or anything right now so I'm using up my stash, including my scraps ! Can't want to get back to work so I can buy some charm packs and jelly rolls !

Comment

Pretty pretty pretty. There are some gorgeous fabrics in there.
          Quilting through the dull times
          northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

I watched the tutorial on this and I cant wait to try it. You did a wonderful job.
            Have a blessed day in HIS name!
            PAULA

Comment

Aw, Kelly, you made me a D9 in my FAVOURITE colours and patterns for a quilt! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE IT!
              *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
              http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
                Aw, Kelly, you made me a D9 in my FAVOURITE colours and patterns for a quilt! THANK YOU SO MUCH I LOVE IT!
                lol welcome ! I think it's pretty... I'm thinking about putting a border on it to make it a little bigger ! Can't decide on a color... I was thinking a thin white border with a wider (approx 4" border of a color in the quilt top ) ! Any suggestions ? Also I have some light pink and white baby flannel that I want to use up so I might use that for the backing !

Comment

Very pretty. I have fabrics chosen for this pattern but is still in the planning stage.

Comment

I LOVE it! I love the colors and you did such a beautiful job! What a great way to use scraps!

Comment

I think it is lovely! I think the flannel on the back sounds nice as well.

I am trying to keep a vow to use the fabric's that I already have, although I do watch the deal of the day, and one of these days just the right think might jump up and force me to push the "buy Now" button.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                        I think it is lovely! I think the flannel on the back sounds nice as well.

I am trying to keep a vow to use the fabric's that I already have, although I do watch the deal of the day, and one of these days just the right think might jump up and force me to push the "buy Now" button.
                        I'm like a fabric junkie lol.... I try to stay out of joann fabrics, which is right down the street from me, unless I absolutely have to buy something like thread ! It kills me to go in there knowing I can't buy any fabric ! I hope I find a job soon, especially since the summer is winding down and the holidays will be here before we know it... I have a 10 year old son who has very expensive taste ! lol

Comment

Originally posted by kelandspence View Post
                          lol welcome ! I think it's pretty... I'm thinking about putting a border on it to make it a little bigger ! Can't decide on a color... I was thinking a thin white border with a wider (approx 4" border of a color in the quilt top ) ! Any suggestions ? Also I have some light pink and white baby flannel that I want to use up so I might use that for the backing !
                          Oooh, yes, think white and then a larger pink floral if you have any more of it left? Oooh, the flannel will make it so soft! Be sure to share pics when you finish it! What pattern are you going to quilt on it? Do you FMQ? Oooh, I just LOVE this one! Thanks for sharing, Kel!
                          *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                          http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Love the colors in your D9P! The flannel is a great idea too!
                            I just put together a D9P using a Migration Layer Cake (bought a Daily Deal!) and some dark brown yardage. Yesterday in about an hour I sewed the 9 patch and cut them all and now have to figure out how to put it together, border and quilt it.
                            Thank you for the idea for flannel backing since it will be a warm and soft Christmas present for my son!
                            Patti
                            "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Oh! I would love to see your Migration quilt top. I bought a jelly roll earlier this year and then bought a daily deal charm pack recently. I am still trying to figure out what block pattern to use. Are you going to back it with migration? I haven't tried the disappearing nine patch yet but it looks interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X