First quilt completed :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First quilt completed :)

I am so excited! I just finished my very 1st quilt. I started quilting about 3 weeks ago and I love it! Binding....NOT so much! But I am sure I will come to love doing that eventually I got the pattern off of Moda Bake Shop and love the bright colors. I am giving it to one of my best friends whose bday was last week and she lost her grandfather the same day Hoping this will cheer her up!

IMG_3651.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_3655.jpgIMG_3658.jpgIMG_3659.jpg
    Tammy

Re: First quilt completed

That is absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe it's your first quilt. Did you do the FMQ on it also? If so... great job.
    Donna
    MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

that is wonderful....
      :icon_wave::icon_woohoo:Kellie:icon_hi:

Comment

Thank you! No the FMQ'ing was done by someone else. I haven't ventured to FMQ'ing yet. She did a wonderful job and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
        Tammy

Comment

Love it. I like the way you broke up the outside row of blocks and the scrappy binding. Very nice!

Comment

Wauw!!!
            And this is you first quilt??!!??
            I see a lot of nice projects comming up for you, this is beautiful.
            And what a great thought giving it to your best friend, she will love it and I'm sure the bright colors will cheer her up!

Wonderful job on this one, I love love love it!!!!!!!!!
            It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive!

www.memoryquiltsbyklasien.nl

Comment

Oooh - love it! The colors and the way you set up the pattern - I'm sure it will cheer her up everytime she looks at it or uses it.

Your first quilt? I'm impressed!

Hugs,
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
              http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
              http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Everything about your quilt is beautiful and it will be a treasured gift for your friend. It's a wonderful first quilt...you should be proud of yourself!
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by blondey040300 View Post
                  Thank you! No the FMQ'ing was done by someone else. I haven't ventured to FMQ'ing yet. She did a wonderful job and I am so pleased with how it turned out.
                  Beautiful! THe colors are great! If you want to learn FMQ...check this out...
                  http://www.ohfransson.com/oh_fransso...-quilting.html

I learned here and just love FMQ'ing and can't wait to get to that point in the quilt. I know I need more practice, but it is fun and I know I will make it great cause technically....it is very easy... it just requires alot of practice. But once I realized how easy it is..it's just up to me and practice time! But it is worth it!
                  Cheri

www.fabricandmemories.blogspot.com

Comment

That is so pretty!
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

This is such a happy quilt. I love the simple design in it. You did a great job. Pat yourself on the back, 'cause you deserve it.
                      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

WOW! That is beauteeeeful! First quilt???? Looks like you found your passion! Isn't it fun? Your binding looks great too. I need to try that pattern, it's awesome! You did good! I want to see more of what you do.....how cool!
                        sigpic~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Comment

Ooh and aah! That is just amazing not just for a first quilt but for a tenth! I love the border you choose and the binding rocks.
                          Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

wow you did a great job.....you should be very pleased with yourself....love the pattern

Comment

I love the colors! Great job!

Comment

Working...
                              X