Tube piecing blocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube piecing blocks...

I was having one of those days today where nothing I was working on was going right....Tried working on pinwheel blocks and kept messing them up... wasted a bit of fabric because my hand kept making my rotary cutter go away from the ruler and then after I took a break from everything for a while I decided I would watch the tube piecing tutorial again and try my hand at that.... I love it!!! Granted I pieced the blocks together not the way I was planning but they still turned out pretty cute I think...
    Attached Files

Re: Tube piecing blocks...

WOW! that is some very pretty, very bright fabrics! LOVE IT!!
    Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
    hugs, Suzi
    http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
    it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Thank You!! They are from a Christmas fat quarter pack I picked up....

Comment

OH Rikki, you did that fine, you did that fine you blew my mind, hey Rikki, hey, hey, hey, Rikki!!! *snort* LOL! Sorry, couldn't resist! LOVE it and love tube quilting, too. Like you, sometimes I just have to walk away from a project and work on another or go outside and do something w/the horses, etc., and when I come back, VIOLA! I can quilt again! LOL!

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see it when it's done!
        *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
        http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

I love it ! Very cute and love the fabric ! I haven't tried this yet but I want to as soon as I can buy more fabric !

Comment

rikkiwha love it. I'm working on a star pattern right now using the tube pieceing. This is the third or fourth quilt I've done using that method. I love it and yes you do have to concentrate sometimes. Great job. Would like to see final pictures when done.

Lynne Leavell, Kennesaw, GA

Comment

Thank you all so much!! I did a few more blocks today in a different Christmas fabric and they came out the way they were suppose to.... I would love to learn how to do more types of blocks using tube piecing!!! I will have to search for a book....

Comment

Here are some without the blond moments....
                Attached Files

Comment

Well, you've got me all interested in trying this now. How fun is that? I think I need to buy a jelly roll. It seems that you could come up with all kinds of possibilities!

Comment

I really am enjoying it!! I plan on making many table runners like this and at at some point a quilt!!

Comment

They are gorgeous Rikki! I went to a quilting class a few weeks ago, and we did bargello quilts, using a tube piecing method. It really turned out neat I thought. It was a lot of fun to do, and gives a whole new twist to tube piecing. This is the bargello quilt wallhanging I did. I still have to put the back and batting on it, and then quilt it, but finidng the time to do that is a bit of a problem at the moment. LOL!!! I'm gonna have to check out those new tutorials.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by sconed1; June 30, 2010, 04:37 AM.

Comment

Ive always wanted to try a Bargello, and I have a good book that explains it, but I'm chicken to try it. Yours is beautiful!!

Comment

rikki - love your first blocks as well as the second posting! I have watched this tute several times and so much want to finish up the many wips I have and try one of these.
                          Maybe next week when I am on vacation!
                          Hope you post your finished project!
                          Thanks for sharing!
                          Patti
                          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

Originally posted by sconed1 View Post
                            They are gorgeous Rikki! I went to a quilting class a few weeks ago, and we did bargello quilts, using a tube piecing method. It really turned out neat I thought. It was a lot of fun to do, and gives a whole new twist to tube piecing. This is the bargello quilt wallhanging I did. I still have to put the back and batting on it, and then quilt it, but finidng the time to do that is a bit of a problem at the moment. LOL!!! I'm gonna have to check out those new tutorials.
                            LOVE that ! It's so bright and pretty ! I don't know much about that method, except for watching the tutorial but I like it alot ! How did you do that ? Just cute the tube straight instead of at an angle ?

Comment

Originally posted by kelandspence View Post
                              LOVE that ! It's so bright and pretty ! I don't know much about that method, except for watching the tutorial but I like it alot ! How did you do that ? Just cute the tube straight instead of at an angle ?
                              SORRY Sconed... didn't see your other post ! I just read how you cut the tube on another post !

Comment

Working...
                              X