Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Top

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Another Top

    Ugh ... another top not quite finished and I notice that a few blocks are out of place, how the heck did I do THAT?! *DOH*! (btw, can't insert icons b/c I can't seem to get around them to continue w/text *sigh* me and my non-techie abilities) I don't want to rip out seams and re do so I'll just leave it as is and try to figure out how to calculate yardage for borders lol!

    This design, if you can call it that lol! was based loosely, VERY loosely on the quilt that hangs behind Jenny in some of her tutorials, you know the blue one made w/a Layer Cake and it has scalloped edges?

    This was made w/a Fresh Cottons Layer Cake LOVE the LC, just wish I would have done a better job. Oh well, #2 and I keep going
    Attached Files
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

    "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

    Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

    #2
    Re: Another Top

    I don't see the mistake. Looks good to me. Maybe you're sitting to close to it. Take some steps back from it. I like the colors too. Jan
    Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Another Top

      I love it ! I don't see any mistakes or anything out of place ! I always feel the same way about my quilts though, so I shouldn't talk ! lol I want everything to be perfect and my aunt told me that quilts aren't perfect, mistakes make them unique !

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Another Top

        I really Love that quilt!!! You did a really wonderful job on the top!! Cant wait to see it finished!!

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Another Top

          This is beautiful I cannot wait to do something like this I am a new quilter and I am just doing easy projets as of now but I love this GOOD JOB!!

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Another Top

            Originally posted by janluna View Post
            I don't see the mistake. Looks good to me. Maybe you're sitting to close to it. Take some steps back from it. I like the colors too. Jan
            Aw, thanks Jan but see the 2 squares 2nd from the left in the top 2 rows? The yellows shouldn't be touching like that and making a diamond *slaps forehead* Then, at the bottom right 2 rows, 2nd and 3rd from the right, I should have swapped those windmills for others, didn't want like colours together. I too love these colours, I like all the "romantics", Gypsy Rose, Beach House, Fresh Cottons, OH! I just LOVE them!

            Thank you for the compliment and support
            *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

            "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

            Blog
            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Another Top

              Originally posted by kelandspence View Post
              I love it ! I don't see any mistakes or anything out of place ! I always feel the same way about my quilts though, so I shouldn't talk ! lol I want everything to be perfect and my aunt told me that quilts aren't perfect, mistakes make them unique !
              I can so relate, Kel! (is that short for Kelly, maybe?) A wonderful quilter that I know encouraged me VERY much when she said, "there are no mistakes, they are additions that make your quilt charming" I loved hearing that LOL! I believe that since people are not perfect and quilts are made by people and not machines, they're not going to be perfect, it's just that I see so many quilts that sure look PERFECT to me, that I call those folks, "Master Quilters" and I wanna be one ... someday when I grow up!
              *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

              "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

              "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

              Blog
              http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Another Top

                Originally posted by rikkiwha View Post
                I really Love that quilt!!! You did a really wonderful job on the top!! Cant wait to see it finished!!
                Thank you Rikki! I can't wait to get it finished but I'm taking a break and working on my Blocks for the swap ... I have serious Quilter's ADD
                *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

                "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

                "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

                Blog
                http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Another Top

                  Originally posted by debbie View Post
                  This is beautiful I cannot wait to do something like this I am a new quilter and I am just doing easy projets as of now but I love this GOOD JOB!!
                  Hey Debbie, thank you so much for the compliments! I'm a Newbie, too and this is only my 2nd top! Trust me, this was an EASY top, I couldn't do anything else right now
                  *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

                  "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

                  "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

                  Blog
                  http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Another Top

                    I love easy!!! I have been trying to get a bunch of wall hangings and doll quilts cut out so I have a bunch of kits and can just piece and then quilt when I get to them... When I finally get to them it will be like having a ton of precuts!! First I have to get my daughters Bear quilt done before she gets after me... (kids are such slave drivers!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Another Top

                      Awww, how cuuuute! Yes, little slave drivers, but you'll have a lot of happy memories and like me, a lot of "evidence" via vidoes and pics and stories to get them back w/later when they're Meanagers, I mean Teenagers
                      *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

                      "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

                      "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

                      Blog
                      http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Another Top

                        Love your quilt and I think it looks fine the way it is! If I saw it without the comments I would just think that you took some creative license with the design to "make a statement"! LOL!
                        Charge forward and never apologize! You are an "artisteest"! (in my very bad al a peppie la pew accent)
                        Whenever I help a newbie quilter they at some point will ask how I know so much and I always answer - it is because I have made just about every mistake possible.
                        Glad you have caught the addiction...can't wait to see more of your work!
                        Patti
                        Patti
                        "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Another Top

                          Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
                          I can so relate, Kel! (is that short for Kelly, maybe?) A wonderful quilter that I know encouraged me VERY much when she said, "there are no mistakes, they are additions that make your quilt charming" I loved hearing that LOL! I believe that since people are not perfect and quilts are made by people and not machines, they're not going to be perfect, it's just that I see so many quilts that sure look PERFECT to me, that I call those folks, "Master Quilters" and I wanna be one ... someday when I grow up!
                          yes, it's Kelley and the rest of the name is for my son Spencer ! I know what you mean about the perfect quilts ! I hope I become that skilled someday to ! I've only been quilting a few years and I've got the piecing down pretty good, but I want to hand quilt more ! I always have to rush to finish a project and end on up quilting it on my machine and not happy with it since I have limited time and space. So I'm going to piece a couple of tops and take my time and hand quilt them !

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Another Top

                            Originally posted by patticakes View Post
                            Love your quilt and I think it looks fine the way it is! If I saw it without the comments I would just think that you took some creative license with the design to "make a statement"! LOL!
                            Charge forward and never apologize! You are an "artisteest"! (in my very bad al a peppie la pew accent)
                            Whenever I help a newbie quilter they at some point will ask how I know so much and I always answer - it is because I have made just about every mistake possible.
                            Glad you have caught the addiction...can't wait to see more of your work!
                            Patti
                            LOL! Good one, Patti, I'll say that's what I was doing, "making a statement", what statement, I have no idea but still SLOL!

                            Thank you for being excited about seeing more of my work, I only hope I improve w/each top! Then on to quilting LOL!
                            *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

                            "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

                            "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

                            Blog
                            http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Another Top

                              Originally posted by kelandspence View Post
                              yes, it's Kelley and the rest of the name is for my son Spencer ! I know what you mean about the perfect quilts ! I hope I become that skilled someday to ! I've only been quilting a few years and I've got the piecing down pretty good, but I want to hand quilt more ! I always have to rush to finish a project and end on up quilting it on my machine and not happy with it since I have limited time and space. So I'm going to piece a couple of tops and take my time and hand quilt them !
                              Oh Kelley, I surely wish I could hand quilt but my hands just won't do that anymore, arthritis has claimed too much of them, so hopefully, I can get better at the machine! lol!
                              *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

                              "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

                              "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

                              Blog
                              http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X