Speaking of Dresden Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of Dresden Plates

Here are mine, JUST as the God Jenny taught! However, I'm stuck w/what to do for a back ground and sashing colours, I know I'm going to QAYG ... just what colours?
    Attached Files
    *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
    http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Re: Speaking of Dresden Plates

Oh those are so nice! There are so many nice colors you could pick for the sashing that would make your plates stand out. Can't wait to see what you pick!!
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

nice job Bridgett. I've only made two so far. They are so fun and fast to do.
      Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Sorry I spelled your name wrong. lol I put mine on muslin and I'm going to frame and hang them or make pillows.
        My friend hung hers by putting it into an embroidery hoop. It looks really good that way. Just an idea. Break a stitch, Jan
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Very NICE!!
          how would they look against a black background?? I think would really pop the colors
          Two of my favorite things, to encourage and to be encouraged
          hugs, Suzi
          http://suzi.mypremierdesigns.com/
          it's what i do when i'm not here sewing with you

GOD Bless America

Comment

Very pretty but QAYG? What does that mean?
            To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Originally posted by patticakes View Post
              Oh those are so nice! There are so many nice colors you could pick for the sashing that would make your plates stand out. Can't wait to see what you pick!!
              Thank you Patti! I had to put them aside coz I just can't come up w/a background or sashing no matter what I do LOL!

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                nice job Bridgett. I've only made two so far. They are so fun and fast to do.
                Thanks, Jan! Yep, fun and fast, especially using Jenny's method, LOVE IT!

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by janluna View Post
                  Sorry I spelled your name wrong. lol I put mine on muslin and I'm going to frame and hang them or make pillows.
                  My friend hung hers by putting it into an embroidery hoop. It looks really good that way. Just an idea. Break a stitch, Jan
                  LOL! No prob, I get spelled all kinds of ways all the time, I still answer lol! Oooh, nice idea! I'm making a quilt for sure as I have 20 plates, just need to decide on the background and sashing

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by pdjewelrylady View Post
                    Very NICE!!
                    how would they look against a black background?? I think would really pop the colors
                    Thank you! On the black it was too severe, like white, which I don't wanna do coz they're always done that way. I did like Navy but want a tone-on-tone, just can't find one ... yet

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by stitchywoman View Post
                      Very pretty but QAYG? What does that mean?
                      Why, thank you Ms Hillbillary! QAYG = Quilt As You Go

Blog

Comment

I may have mentioned before I get very bored at work so I had a play around with backgrounds and sashing for your blocks. I think I'm in a patriotic mood (Yay for England and USA both getting through to the next round of the world cup!) because I think the blue and red really work.

The blue is the darkest blue from the patterns (the outlining on the flowers) and the red is the bright red from the petals. I think it really makes the patterns pop.

Your 'plates' look amazing. I'm sure the quilt will be spectacular whichever colour you go with x
                        Attached Files
                        Quilting through the dull times
                        northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                          I may have mentioned before I get very bored at work so I had a play around with backgrounds and sashing for your blocks. I think I'm in a patriotic mood (Yay for England and USA both getting through to the next round of the world cup!) because I think the blue and red really work.

The blue is the darkest blue from the patterns (the outlining on the flowers) and the red is the bright red from the petals. I think it really makes the patterns pop.

Your 'plates' look amazing. I'm sure the quilt will be spectacular whichever colour you go with x
                          HA! That's what I had in mind, navy blue w/red sashing and navy blue bocks in the corners or stars, but then thought the stars too much lol! Glad you're bored at work! I always want to call you Jane, for some reason, anyways, thank you jrchapman!

Blog

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMountainHorseMama View Post
                            I always want to call you Jane, for some reason, anyways, thank you jrchapman!
                            It's Jill
                            Quilting through the dull times
                            northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jrchapman View Post
                              It's Jill
                              CUTE! Okay, Jill then, thank you for that! Let me ask you this then, Jill, what do you think of the navy blue back ground, red sashing and either red or yellow for the center of the plates?

Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X