father's day quilt top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

father's day quilt top

I made this quilt for my dad for fathers day. I finished sewing on the binding the night before father's day but in this pic it's just the quilt top ! The hexagons are handpieced and appliqued !dad's quilt.jpg

Re: father's day quilt top

Ooooo!! I really Love that!!! My Husband says he wants one now...

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate the compliment ! The pattern is from McCalls quilting, I think it was from an issue from last summer ! The pattern is for a table topper so I just kept adding to it to make it a nice size throw ! I'm really proud of it but I wish I'd had more time to do more quilting on it ! My intention was to hand quilt it but I always say that and have to rush to finish it ! lol Like now, I'm working on one for my sister's birthday, this friday but maybe the next one ! lol

Comment

That's really pretty. I love it!
        Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Thanks I bet my Mom has the magazine in her stash of back issues.... I probly would but just started last month... Thanks for letting me know where to find it!!

Comment

sorry the pattern is in the mcCalls Quilting Jan/feb 2010 issue !

Comment

Here is the finished quilt ! dad's patriotic quilt.jpg

Comment

WOW! BEAUTIFUL work!
                *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

It's beautiful! RWB quilts are the perfect colors for men. You did a really nice job.
                  Patti
                  "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

It looks great I love how the half hexagons to enhance the design! Nice fabric choices
                    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

thanks ! Now if I can just perfect the quilting ! lol Honestly, I hate quilting on my machine, it's such a pain,mostly due to lack of space, but I usually don't have enough time to hand quilt ! Any suggestions or advice ? I would really appreciate some. There's nothing like a heavily quilted quilt ! thanks in advance !
                      Last edited by kelandspence; June 23, 2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

that is georgious! i would love this pattewrn with any colors....great job.
                        gina
                        all the best
                        Gina

Comment

Working...
                        X