Finished my first Quilt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished my first Quilt!!

My first quilt is a scrappy 9 patch that I made queen sized for my bed... I started cutting it out on May 16 this year and finished it a few days ago... I was afraid of binding (silly come to find out)... The butterflies and pastels are from a quilt I am making for my Daughters bear...
    Attached Files

Re: Finished my first Quilt!!

beautiful!!
    Michele

Comment

What a gorgeous first quilt and those butterflies are so cute
      Quilting through the dull times
      northstarquilting.blogspot.com

Comment

So pretty and look at your hand quilting! It sounds funny to say it because I've been sewing and quilting for so long but I'm still working on finishing my first quilt and the one I started hand quilting I don't think I'll ever finish! (I hope I do but it scares me know) So, that is just beautiful. Great job!
        To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Comment

Excellent job! The hand quilting is wonderful......something I need to try.

Happy Sewing,
          Rae

Comment

congradulations. it is really beautiful. i have not tryed hand quilting yet. perhaps when my abbey goes back to school.
            all the best gina from mpls now northern MN
            all the best
            Gina

Comment

Thank you so much!! My Mother got me started quilting (she has been trying for years) She is a wonderful quilter!! I have thought about trying machine quilting on one of the smaller tops I have put together but thinking about trying to get the middle of a quilt under my machine just seems impossible....

Comment

Beautiful. I love the quilting! Hand quilting is so calming. It's good to do handwork. Nice job, congratulations!
                Home, where each lives for the others and all live for God! ><(((((o>

Comment

Hand quilting is calming, until your hunched over, undoing knots, and counting stitches, while your shoulders start to ache! Ok, I'll admit it I have yet to find the calming secret of hand quilting. Anyone care to enlighten me so I to can have things as beautiful as rikkiwha!

Comment

Unless you are using the Sulky Multi Colored thread, I find that Thread Heaven that my sister gave me works wonders for knots slipping right out or not getting them at all... I also quilt at night mostly after the kids are in bed so that I can relax in my bed and quilt... That way I dont have to hunch over and get a back ache... I am no expert to be sure but it seems to work for me

Comment

Sounds like it might help me!

Comment

I realllllyyyyy love Thread Heaven!!! Havnt had to clip because of a knot since my sister showed it to me!!

Comment

Love your quilts! The colors in the 9 patch are wonderful. Thanks for the info on the thread. I just wander around wondering which one to buy, this will help!
                          Patti
                          "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Comment

love it !!!

Comment

That's your FIRST QUILT?! :O *faints* --------- THUD! Now I'm ashamed I put mine up there on the board ...
                              *HUGS* and Alohas, Bridgette

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~Unknown

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!" - Unknown

Blog
                              http://hapamomquilts.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X