1 Jelly Roll, 3 baby quilts..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Jelly Roll, 3 baby quilts..

Hi all, just finished hand sewing the binding on these cuties. My daughter has a friend who's having a baby girl and asked me if I'd make a quilt for her to give as a gift. So once I got started, I kept going !! 1 Jelly Roll was very versatile and I think the print suits the coin quilt, half hexi and a small version of the 1600. I'll let my daughter decide which one she like the best when she visits at Easter.
    I haven't been posting on here much lately, but I have been looking. I've had all sorts of gastic/gall bladder issues and they have now finally decided I need to have my gall bladder out. I'm on the waiting list and should happen within the next 2 months. I think I will be having a 'good ridence gall bladder party'.. I am totally over the pain !!!

3 baby quilts.jpg
    Wendy
    A creative mess is better than tidy idleness
    https://facebook.com/WendyJQuilts

Re: 1 Jelly Roll, 3 baby quilts..

Oooh, all 3 are fabulous! Great job!
    Angela Lashley - Studio Bella Rose

Comment

They look so sweet, the half hexi is my favorite and the binding makes it even cuter, anyways, best of luck in your surgery!
      "Never let success get to your head, and never let failure get to your heart."

Comment

Lovely quilts and not easy to choose a favorite one. Wish you all the very best for the OP and the good ridance gall bladder party. Just don't overdo it, or else they won't operate you.
        sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Wendy, They're lovely! You did such a wonderful job on them. I love the colors. So perfect for spring and babies. I sure do like those white borders. I haven't used my half-hexi ruler yet. This looks like a great project for it. You really got your money's worth out of that jelly roll.
          Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

I am amazed that you got 3 baby quilts out of one jelly roll! All 3 are fantastic! I've never used a jelly roll, but I have one tucked away for future use.
            When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

those quilts are so beautiful ...........ooh and wendy goodluck with your surgery .....my mum had hers removed it was done via a lapsrocope......and she was up and about within 2 days felt great hope you do as well ..by the way l'm also in victoria as well
              "DO NOT CRITICIZE UNTIL YOU HAVE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES."
              :icon_heh::icon_wave::

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

They are all so cute! How will she decide?

Comment

Those are so cute I'd want all of them. Good luck with your surgery.
                    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
                    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

Very cute, good luck with your surgery.

Comment

Jelly Roll, Jelly Roll, Oh Jelly Roll. Those little quilts just brought music of the 50's to my soul placing the delightful Jelly Roll name front and center. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Good job! They are adorable.
                          Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

I love all your quilts, your daughter is going to have a hard time picking the one she wants to give as a gift.

Comment

All three quilts are real cuties! My favorite is the hexi, but the coin quilt is a close second! You really got a lot of mileage out of one jellyroll....great job! You will feel so-o-o much better when you get rid of your problematic gallbladder. I had mine out in 1983 and I've never missed it for a second! Hugs, Barb
                              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                              X